It’s October. My favorite month of the year and not just because it’s my birth month! Fall is my favorite season and October is usually the start of it. Halloween, pumpkins, the starting of the chill in the air, and when I was living in Boston for college, the changing of the leaves.
While I love San Diego and our beautiful weather, I do from time to time miss those changing of the seasonings and Fall makes me miss it the most. I remember looking out of our dorm room window and noticing that the leaves turned color first on the Cambridge side of the river instead of the Boston side. Maybe it got colder in Cambridge first? Ah well, who knows.
The start of October also means the start of getting free birthday stuff in my inbox. This is a new item added to my list: the free Starbucks.
The don’t give you the cute fuzzy cozy, either, you got to get your own.
If you get a Starbucks card (one of those little gift cards) – register it online and they’ll send you (by mail) a postcard with a coupon for a free drink at Starbucks (any drink!). I got the Pumpkin Latte in a large Venti size. I honestly don’t know how anyone drinks this much coffee – you must have a stomach of steel. I could only muster up enough to drink half and save the rest for later.
Thanks, Starbucks, for being the first to wish me a happy birthday. More “free birthday things” posts to come!
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (7)
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)