It’s October. My favorite month of the year and not just because it’s my birth month! Fall is my favorite season and October is usually the start of it. Halloween, pumpkins, the starting of the chill in the air, and when I was living in Boston for college, the changing of the leaves.
While I love San Diego and our beautiful weather, I do from time to time miss those changing of the seasonings and Fall makes me miss it the most. I remember looking out of our dorm room window and noticing that the leaves turned color first on the Cambridge side of the river instead of the Boston side. Maybe it got colder in Cambridge first? Ah well, who knows.
The start of October also means the start of getting free birthday stuff in my inbox. This is a new item added to my list: the free Starbucks.
The don’t give you the cute fuzzy cozy, either, you got to get your own.
If you get a Starbucks card (one of those little gift cards) – register it online and they’ll send you (by mail) a postcard with a coupon for a free drink at Starbucks (any drink!). I got the Pumpkin Latte in a large Venti size. I honestly don’t know how anyone drinks this much coffee – you must have a stomach of steel. I could only muster up enough to drink half and save the rest for later.
Thanks, Starbucks, for being the first to wish me a happy birthday. More “free birthday things” posts to come!
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....
- mary: Hahah, I love your comment Jinxi, hoping you run out of gas in the area. I haven’t seen a s’mores cookie or pumpkin pie cookie like these...
- Faye: Free cookie w/ a fill up?! WTF. Why can’t they do that at other gas stations. I love how you give such a comprehensive review on each cookie....
- Jinxi: Wow! That marshmallow swirl looks really yummy (I love goopy melty marshmallow, haha) Hopefully next time I’m in the area, I also happen to...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (4)
- mary: I always wondered why that called that one “men’” haha. Seemed so odd! I’m not a big dark chocolate fan so I’ve never...