These are other birthday freebies that I got for my birthday that I didn’t feel warrant their own post but I wanted to put them somewhere. I’ll also talk at the end about a few things that I didn’t take advantage of that are out there for you to get for your birthday, too!
[Chocolate Croissant from Panera Bread]
The My Panera card yields you free goodies throughout the year – not just for your birthday. I’ve gotten free bagels, free coffees, free pastries, free teas and other goodies since I’ve signed up, plus coupons off breads. I have never gotten free whole meals (like sandwiches or soups), mostly just the smaller stuff, but that’s okay with me. For my birthday I received an email indicating I had something special for my birthday. It was for a free pastry and I got this chocolate croissant for a quick breakfast.
Normally I would love these, but I had that weekend had a homemade chocolate croissant during a pie making class from Rachel Going, a pastry chef at the Banker’s Hill Restaurant, and let’s just say that I was spoiled because it was one of the bestest croissants ever. Oy.
How to get? You must go into a Panera Bread to get a card, but it’s free and easy to get. Just ask for a card and register it online. I think you get something free right away, too.
[Vanilla Tea Latte (venti, aka large!) from Starbucks]
Free Starbucks drink for your birthday. Any drink. Any size.
I don’t drink coffee anymore (it makes my tummy very, very angry) so instead I got a Vanilla Tea Latte. I got a
large venti just because I could. I got it unsweetened with 2% milk. It was pretty good and I almost drank all of it.
Yes, those droids on my desk at work.
How to get? You need a Starbucks card for this one. Any gift card will do. Just register it on their website and they will send you a postcard in the mail. I got mine the day before my birthday and it expired 2 weeks later.
[Peanut Butter Cup Perfection / Cheesecake Fantasy from Cold Stone Creamery]
Cold Stone changed their birthday coupon. Boooo.
It used to be that you got one free “Love it!” creation but now it’s basically a buy one get one free coupon. Jake and I went here because I thought I had a group-deal coupon that was still good (it wasn’t, it expired a few days before) and since we were already there I just got some ice cream. I barely ate any of mine (the chocolate-pb one) and gave the rest to my dad when I got home.
Jake really, really liked his cheesecake ice cream thing – it had fresh fruit and graham cracker in it and it sort of almost makes him like Cold Stone. Sort of.
We both got signature creations so it cost like $5.49 or something. God, that’s a lot of money for ice cream.
How to get? Sign up online at the My Cold Stone Club for an okay coupon deal. Pfftt.
Some Other Birthday Deals
->Free Grand Slam at Denny’s (must do it on your birthday) – Denny’s Rewards
->Free sandwich combo at Jersey Mike’s (must do it on your birthday) – Jersey Mike’s Email Club
->Free breakfast sandwich with drink purchase at Einstein Bros. Bagels – eClub
->Front of the line pass to Phil’s BBQ – Phil’s Club
->Free corn dog from Wienerschnitzel – Wiener Lover’s Club
->Free Giant Messy Sundae from Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza or Roppongi – eClub
->$30 birthday certificate to Benihana – the Chef’s Table
->Free bowl of noodles at Noodles & Company – Noodlegram
->Free scoop of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins – Birthday Club
All 2011 Free Birthday Food Posts:
- Free birthday burger at Red Robin
- Free birthday meal at Daphne’s California Greek
- Free dessert at Islands Restaurant
- Free birthday meal at Rubio’s
- Free birthday entree at the Restaurant at the Pearl Hotel
- Free birthday meal at IHOP
- Free birthday entree at Paradise Grille
Jake got the Benihana certificate and I did not. Last year I got a coupon for FreshMXNFood but didn’t get it this year. Also didn’t get one for El Torito this year, but their website still states you get a free meal for your birthday.
I’m mostly interested in learning about more local deals than what the chain’s offer, so if you know of a great birthday deal in San Diego, please comment and let me know!
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (4)
- mary: I always wondered why that called that one “men’” haha. Seemed so odd! I’m not a big dark chocolate fan so I’ve never...
- caninecologne: My favorite pocky flavor besides the original is the “Men’s” pocky. it’s covered in dark and slightly bitter...
- mary: The Matcha Pocky was on sale at Mitsuwa yesterday for $1.49 a box. The prices there ranged from $1.49 to $2.39 a box, depending on which flavor you...
- Faye: My sis and I grew up on Pocky too. We adored it (just the regular ones dipped in chocolate). I’ve wanted to try the Matcha Pocky but it’s...
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...