These are other birthday freebies that I got for my birthday that I didn’t feel warrant their own post but I wanted to put them somewhere. I’ll also talk at the end about a few things that I didn’t take advantage of that are out there for you to get for your birthday, too!
[Chocolate Croissant from Panera Bread]
The My Panera card yields you free goodies throughout the year – not just for your birthday. I’ve gotten free bagels, free coffees, free pastries, free teas and other goodies since I’ve signed up, plus coupons off breads. I have never gotten free whole meals (like sandwiches or soups), mostly just the smaller stuff, but that’s okay with me. For my birthday I received an email indicating I had something special for my birthday. It was for a free pastry and I got this chocolate croissant for a quick breakfast.
Normally I would love these, but I had that weekend had a homemade chocolate croissant during a pie making class from Rachel Going, a pastry chef at the Banker’s Hill Restaurant, and let’s just say that I was spoiled because it was one of the bestest croissants ever. Oy.
How to get? You must go into a Panera Bread to get a card, but it’s free and easy to get. Just ask for a card and register it online. I think you get something free right away, too.
[Vanilla Tea Latte (venti, aka large!) from Starbucks]
Free Starbucks drink for your birthday. Any drink. Any size.
I don’t drink coffee anymore (it makes my tummy very, very angry) so instead I got a Vanilla Tea Latte. I got a
large venti just because I could. I got it unsweetened with 2% milk. It was pretty good and I almost drank all of it.
Yes, those droids on my desk at work.
How to get? You need a Starbucks card for this one. Any gift card will do. Just register it on their website and they will send you a postcard in the mail. I got mine the day before my birthday and it expired 2 weeks later.
[Peanut Butter Cup Perfection / Cheesecake Fantasy from Cold Stone Creamery]
Cold Stone changed their birthday coupon. Boooo.
It used to be that you got one free “Love it!” creation but now it’s basically a buy one get one free coupon. Jake and I went here because I thought I had a group-deal coupon that was still good (it wasn’t, it expired a few days before) and since we were already there I just got some ice cream. I barely ate any of mine (the chocolate-pb one) and gave the rest to my dad when I got home.
Jake really, really liked his cheesecake ice cream thing – it had fresh fruit and graham cracker in it and it sort of almost makes him like Cold Stone. Sort of.
We both got signature creations so it cost like $5.49 or something. God, that’s a lot of money for ice cream.
How to get? Sign up online at the My Cold Stone Club for an okay coupon deal. Pfftt.
Some Other Birthday Deals
->Free Grand Slam at Denny’s (must do it on your birthday) – Denny’s Rewards
->Free sandwich combo at Jersey Mike’s (must do it on your birthday) – Jersey Mike’s Email Club
->Free breakfast sandwich with drink purchase at Einstein Bros. Bagels – eClub
->Front of the line pass to Phil’s BBQ – Phil’s Club
->Free corn dog from Wienerschnitzel – Wiener Lover’s Club
->Free Giant Messy Sundae from Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza or Roppongi – eClub
->$30 birthday certificate to Benihana – the Chef’s Table
->Free bowl of noodles at Noodles & Company – Noodlegram
->Free scoop of ice cream at Baskin-Robbins – Birthday Club
All 2011 Free Birthday Food Posts:
- Free birthday burger at Red Robin
- Free birthday meal at Daphne’s California Greek
- Free dessert at Islands Restaurant
- Free birthday meal at Rubio’s
- Free birthday entree at the Restaurant at the Pearl Hotel
- Free birthday meal at IHOP
- Free birthday entree at Paradise Grille
Jake got the Benihana certificate and I did not. Last year I got a coupon for FreshMXNFood but didn’t get it this year. Also didn’t get one for El Torito this year, but their website still states you get a free meal for your birthday.
I’m mostly interested in learning about more local deals than what the chain’s offer, so if you know of a great birthday deal in San Diego, please comment and let me know!
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (3)
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...