This post is long over due since Jake and I came here in early October! I almost skipped doing it all together because the photos are kind of crappy, but whatever. You need to know about this place!
Mamma Teresa doesn’t look like much. It’s right off Poway Rd. and Community Rd., in the shopping center where the DMV used to be. That’s the DMV where I failed my driver’s test TWICE. Yes, twice. I’m a bit of a dork, in …
Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar opened up in Mission Valley over the summer. It is a part of a Southern California chain and this is the first location to open in San Diego. I was recently invited to come in and check it out for myself. Jake and Maya both got to come with me and we were able to check out the dog-friendly patio at this huge location!
We started the night off with some chicken wings in a …
Jake and I visited Fat Sal’s when they first opened. Jake is a huge fan of Entourage and he was pretty excited to see a venture where one of the co-owners (Jerry Ferrara) was from that show. Honestly though, that first visit we had was not too impressive: semi-cold sandwiches (which were supposed to be hot), smooshed sandwiches and funky flavors kind of made us wonder about the place. Then I went to the Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk and had …
To follow the Bacon Crawl I organized earlier this year, I took my co-workers on a little Cheese Crawl of San Diego! We originally intended to go to four places but we all cried uncle after three, and considering we ate way right off the bat it’s not really that surprising we called uncle so early.
The cohorts for this crawl were: myself, Jake, A. (Jake’s daughter), Lauren, David, Allison and Matt.
Our first stop was at Urban Solace:
[cheese biscuits – $5.75 …
Reminder: Don’t forgot to enter to win a $100 gift card to Islands Restaurants!
I was recently invited to check out Cafe Japengo, a sushi/Japanese restaurant in La Jolla. They were bringing back bento boxes to their menu and I came in to check those out with my co-worker Lauren in tow. Sadly she’s now my ex co-worker since she left the whole state! This was one of our last lunches together, sniff sniff!
I decided to get a pomegranate green iced …
Last month I was invited to Ballast Point’s release party for their very first whiskey called Devil’s Share! The release party took place at Eureka! in UTC.
You can totally bet that I was singing “I’ve Got a Golden Ticket” when I given this! I managed to not dance around though and sadly, there was no chocolate involved. But there was whiskey! And beer! And appetizers. Mmm.
Stacey was my cohort for the evening since when I think of whiskey, I think …
I was recently invited to check out Urban Bar & Grill in Downtown San Diego. They recently introduced a few new menu items as well as a new Bar Bites menu. Jake was my partner in crime once and again and we turned it into a little date night for the two of us!
We parked over at Horton Plaza since Urban Bar & Grill is just a block or two over in the Gaslamp. Even though Horton Plaza now only …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (7)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (3)
- caninecologne: My favorite pocky flavor besides the original is the “Men’s” pocky. it’s covered in dark and slightly bitter...
- mary: The Matcha Pocky was on sale at Mitsuwa yesterday for $1.49 a box. The prices there ranged from $1.49 to $2.39 a box, depending on which flavor you...
- Faye: My sis and I grew up on Pocky too. We adored it (just the regular ones dipped in chocolate). I’ve wanted to try the Matcha Pocky but it’s...
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...
- Faye: That mushroom salt is a killer idea! I love it. I’ve seen their dried mushroom section in the Del Mar location but it was soooo expensive. I...