For this post, I’m only posting about the free portion. I fully intended to go to Islands, get a bowl of soup and my free birthday dessert and that was it. But I was tempted and got a chicken sandwich and fries instead. Oh well.
My waiter didn’t even take the printed out coupon I brought. He told me I could keep it and use it later and just told the staff that it was my birthday and got me the dessert. No candles or singing, either. Score.
[Chocolate Lava - Fudge brownie, topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, roasted almonds & a cherry]
The retail price on one of these suckers is $5.99. Not too bad. Way too much for one person to eat. I think my eyes might have popped out of my sockets when my waiter placed it down before me. The first few bites were heavenly – very warm and tasty. Their brownie is fudgy and gooey and with the chocolate frosting on top, it makes it totally decadent. I ate a little less than half before pushing all the ice cream off, drying it off with a napkin and taking it home for later.
It doesn’t seem like it’s necessary to sign up for this, but you can by joining the Islands Tiki Link for a free dessert for your birthday.
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (2)
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...