For your birthday, Rubio’s offers up to $7 off the cost of your meal for your birthday. It’s a good free birthday food deal and one of the deals that has not changed as the years have passed. Kudos to you, Rubio’s!
In year’s past I usually get some kind of shrimp taco for my meal. But a quick look over of the menu showed me getting what I’ve had before would put me past the $7 limit and I wanted to stay under budget and not spend any extra money on this meal.
[Baja Grill Chicken Burrito]
I opted to get the Baja Grill Chicken Burrito (steak also available) for $5.99. Plus tax this kept me safely under the $7 mark and I didn’t have to spend an extra dime. The burrito came with a side of chips plus access to their salsa bar.
I cut the burrito in half to see the inner burrito workings – Grilled chicken, guacamole, cheddar cheese and salsa fresca. The chicken in the burrito was just okay – nothing really special but it wasn’t terrible. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten the Burrito Especial for the same price and it came with black beans, rice, sour cream and a chipotle sauce. The Baja Grill burrito was kind of lacking something in my mind – another element of flavor that could have brought it over the top.
But, in any case, it was a decent meal that was totally paid for just cause it’s my birthday. Can’t complain tooooo much, right?
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...
- Jinxi: Ooh yay! I’m glad you tried it out and liked it D
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because) (2)
- mary: Haha, I didn’t even see that on the menu.. I didn’t know it could be Chilean either!