For your birthday, Rubio’s offers up to $7 off the cost of your meal for your birthday. It’s a good free birthday food deal and one of the deals that has not changed as the years have passed. Kudos to you, Rubio’s!
In year’s past I usually get some kind of shrimp taco for my meal. But a quick look over of the menu showed me getting what I’ve had before would put me past the $7 limit and I wanted to stay under budget and not spend any extra money on this meal.
[Baja Grill Chicken Burrito]
I opted to get the Baja Grill Chicken Burrito (steak also available) for $5.99. Plus tax this kept me safely under the $7 mark and I didn’t have to spend an extra dime. The burrito came with a side of chips plus access to their salsa bar.
I cut the burrito in half to see the inner burrito workings – Grilled chicken, guacamole, cheddar cheese and salsa fresca. The chicken in the burrito was just okay – nothing really special but it wasn’t terrible. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten the Burrito Especial for the same price and it came with black beans, rice, sour cream and a chipotle sauce. The Baja Grill burrito was kind of lacking something in my mind – another element of flavor that could have brought it over the top.
But, in any case, it was a decent meal that was totally paid for just cause it’s my birthday. Can’t complain tooooo much, right?
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (6)
- mary: Hi CC – Um. Yeah, I *think* I’m gonna have to pass on the pig rectum for all subsequent visits…
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- David: Hi Faye! Thanks so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it! Their placement is odd, I’ll admit, but hopefully the centralized location...