For your birthday, Rubio’s offers up to $7 off the cost of your meal for your birthday. It’s a good free birthday food deal and one of the deals that has not changed as the years have passed. Kudos to you, Rubio’s!
In year’s past I usually get some kind of shrimp taco for my meal. But a quick look over of the menu showed me getting what I’ve had before would put me past the $7 limit and I wanted to stay under budget and not spend any extra money on this meal.
[Baja Grill Chicken Burrito]
I opted to get the Baja Grill Chicken Burrito (steak also available) for $5.99. Plus tax this kept me safely under the $7 mark and I didn’t have to spend an extra dime. The burrito came with a side of chips plus access to their salsa bar.
I cut the burrito in half to see the inner burrito workings – Grilled chicken, guacamole, cheddar cheese and salsa fresca. The chicken in the burrito was just okay – nothing really special but it wasn’t terrible. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten the Burrito Especial for the same price and it came with black beans, rice, sour cream and a chipotle sauce. The Baja Grill burrito was kind of lacking something in my mind – another element of flavor that could have brought it over the top.
But, in any case, it was a decent meal that was totally paid for just cause it’s my birthday. Can’t complain tooooo much, right?
about this site
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (11)
- mary: Thanks, CC! OMG, my blog is growing up too fast!
- mary: Thank you, Kirbie!
- mary: Sadly I haven’t since I have not been to Portland (yet). Someday!
- Hannah v: Mmmmm asparagus wrapped in bacon. Enough said…unless you mention bacon dipped in milk chocolate.
- caninecologne: Happy Blogaversary to you!!!! You blog is in 2nd grade now! As for bacon, i love baking it in the oven slathered with maple syrup and a...
- Lauren: Homemade potato salad with bacon in it….I have dreams about it.
- stacey: My family (Mom’s side) makes a non-creamy bacon coleslaw that I could downright eat myself sick on!