One of the stops for the Dishcrawl in North Park tomorrow will be Swoon Dessert Bar. I was lucky enough to get a little preview of Swoon to see what kind of dessert offerings they have at this dessert bar. I was excited to try it out since I’ve been wanting to visit for quite awhile.
[scottish caramel tea]
I started off with a hot tea to ease into the dessert tasting that came a bit later. This was a Pu-erh tea …
When I was preparing the menu to do my big dinner recently, I knew I wanted to do a lemon dessert. Originally I was going to make Lemon Tassies but the thought of making 24 little tarts in a mini muffin pans sounded completely exhausting to me. Instead, I kept looking for something unique to do… and something a little easier.
This recipe is … well, mostly easy. Except for the “constant 12-15 minutes of whisking over a pot of boiling …
SupperKing is a freshly minted app out on the marketplace that hopes to bring friends, neighborhoods and strangers alike together to share in a very important thing that happens every day: eating!
Whether you want to split and share expenses with friends, or simply play chef for a night and sell seats at your table for your home cooking, SupperKing hopes to fill a niche by allowing people to easily find events near them or to host events of their own.
I haven’t had much experience with Opera. When I was in high school, I took a class called “Theory of Knowledge” and our teacher, Mr. Icardo, required us to go to a few of the dress rehearsals for the Opera down at the Civic Center as a part of the class… to open up ourselves to things beyond what we were used to, I suppose. As a 16 year old, I sure didn’t regard it with much enthusiasm, but I …
I had never even heard of Shaved Snow before I saw it on Jinxi’s and Kirbie’s blog. I was immediately intrigued by it. The shaved snow looked like ribbons of deliciousness and I knew I just had to try it!
Kirbie went to Yogurt Swirl which is about 2 minutes from my house and I knew it was destiny to finally try this luscious stuff.
Jake and I had the kids last weekend and I decided we needed to try this stuff, …
I’ve been to Islands quite a few times. Those skin-on french fries they are are highly addicting. But they’ve got other stuff, too! You know burgers, whatever. And sandwiches! And tacos! And also new things, like paradise mai tai’s and chicken beach bowls.
I’ve sure you’ve been here before, too. Let’s keep this short and sweet, yes? (See emphasis on the sweet at the end…)
[Maker's Wedge and Paradise's Mai Tai]
Jake and I both opted to try one of their new drinks …
San Diego Restaurant Week is nearly upon us again – and one restaurant is putting together a sweet deal for San Diegans to get out and get a great meal this September. Del Mar Rendezvous is celebrating restaurant week over three weeks instead of the usual one week and it starts this Saturday, September 8th and runs until September 30th. They have a special $30 prie fix menu and a slew of wine, beer and sake specials to go along …
about this site
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (11)
- mary: Thanks, CC! OMG, my blog is growing up too fast!
- mary: Thank you, Kirbie!
- mary: Sadly I haven’t since I have not been to Portland (yet). Someday!
- Hannah v: Mmmmm asparagus wrapped in bacon. Enough said…unless you mention bacon dipped in milk chocolate.
- caninecologne: Happy Blogaversary to you!!!! You blog is in 2nd grade now! As for bacon, i love baking it in the oven slathered with maple syrup and a...
- Lauren: Homemade potato salad with bacon in it….I have dreams about it.
- stacey: My family (Mom’s side) makes a non-creamy bacon coleslaw that I could downright eat myself sick on!