hotel thrillist

I think the pastrami wontons were one of my favorite bites of the night. Plus the lamb sausage (seriously – go to Salt & Cleaver! So good…) and the cookies. I took a piece of pop tart donut home and it actually sat on the counter for 3 days after I took a bite because I just didn’t enjoy it enough to finish it. I’m trying to be very conscious of not eating things I don’t like just because they’re there.

I loved watching people come up to you all night – you’re like a blogging celebrity! Always great to see you and Jake!

Hi Leanne – The wontons were surprisingly good. I thought it would taste like sauerkraut or something but I liked the taste of them! I do seriously need to go to Salt & Cleaver already. Everything I’ve sampled is so good from them. The pop tart donut was not exciting. One bite was enough to let me know I didn’t need to eat any more of it.

Haha, blogging celebrity, yeah right! It was so fun chatting with you!

2. I thought you already posted, then realized it was on instagram first, then on all the other blogs you met up with! The elevator full of bloggers is my favorite part though! Was this going UP to the party or down? Glad you found some tasty items there too! Maybe I should subscribe to Thrillest too, or did promotions directly seek you out?

Hi Lynn – The elevator photo is at the end of the night when we were all leaving, so we are going down. Thrillist PR seeked me out and invited me to the event. Luckily they sent those photos over – I had a terrible time taking a lot of photos because it was so dark there. I was surprised to see that photo included! I like reading the Thrillist newsletter, too, they always have some interesting stories.

3. Kirbie says:

Hehe, I remember the last photo when it was being taken, though I missed it when I was going through the PR photos. I wish the lighting had been a bit better that night. My photos were all purple and red and I couldn’t even tell what was in the dishes from the photos I took.

Hi Kirbie – I think I remember a flash… but I thought nothing of it! I had the photos showing up really large on my screen otherwise I think I would have missed this photo, too! The lighting was terrible and I forgot how to use my flash (haha).

This looks like a cool event! You have pretty feet even with sprained toes. I’m jealous. I hate feet.

I guess the ‘hold your breath for 5 seconds’ didn’t work with your photos that night hmmmm….

Your photos at the Patron party came out so fabulous – was there a different photo taking technique for that Patron event?

Thanks for sharing Puesto’s secret menu – that CA taco looks quite good!

I don’t think anyone has told me I have pretty feet… so thanks? haha

Well, the difference is that at this event I was standing, hobbling around and didn’t have a good spot to stop and take my photos. There were so many people that I didn’t have room to stand and take a good photo. And there were colored lights everywhere and a serious lack of lighting, so it was really hard to take any photos. And I couldn’t figure out where my flash was, like a dork (hey, I never use the flash).

Jake loveddddd that Puesto taco. A lot. I’m pretty sure he wants to go visit them again just to get more of those tacos!

5. Ahh I didn’t know the pool party had a full roast pig! I would have gone to that too just to eat it, I’ve always wanted to try whole roasted pig. So far I have not been able to round up a group of 10 people to do the $200 whole roasted pig at Momofuku in NY and I think it was an option when we went to Maui if we did the luau but luaus are crazy pricy.

I’m so glad that Jake asked about the tacos because we are 100% going to order them next time we go to Puesto. Great sleuthing skills.

And geez so many bloggers at one event! That last picture is super fun πŸ™‚

Hi J.S. – I would have gone for the roast pig, too (which are DELICIOUS by the way) but we went to Borrego that day. Too bad! Oh man, I would totally chip in for whole roast pig if I was in NY! If you ever get the chance, totally try it. It’s so good. We used to have it at parties and I remember when I was in the Philippines as a kid they roasted a whole pig under the ground. It was rad.

Jake does have good sleuthing skills. One of the many reasons I stick with him, heh heh. I love that last photo, too!

6. Man, that is a great variety of food bites! The pop tart in the donut though was a bit strange. I liked the photo at the end! I recognize a few people in there! : )

It was a good variety of bites! I’m sad we didn’t try everything but that’s okay. The elevator photo is so fun! You should recognize a few faces πŸ™‚

7. Lauren says:

WOW!! Look at all that awesome food! You don’t like Slater’s? How come, if I may ask? That totally sucks about your toe, is it doing okay now? Very cool looking shindig! πŸ™‚

Hi Lauren! It was a fun event! My toe is doing much better but I still can’t wear shoes. Only flip flops for me! I guess it’s “lucky” we still have this warm weather… hah!

I didn’t enjoy Slater’s on our visit or at this event. The burgers taste overcooked to me (during our visit a few months ago I had a normal burger, Jake had one of the 50/50 patties) and to me all of the yummy juiciness had been cooked right out (same with the one we tried at this event – it only tasted like char and not much else). I also tried their bacon brownie which was incredibly disappointing – it was more like a dry cake with bacon on top. :/ Slater’s just isn’t our thing!