I was invited to attend the Taste of Downtown by McFarlane Promos and I happily accepted. I meant to go the last two years (!!) but something came up both times and I wasn’t able to make it. Stacey was my cohort for the evening and we planned on tackling this event the simple way: just go down 5th and swing around to 6th until we hit 14 spots.
Why 14? Stacey insisted we should do one more than the last …
A couple of weeks ago I had the great fortune to attend the Dos Equis “Most Interesting Dinner” with Craig Thornton of Wolvesmouth, which took place during Comic Con and was . I didn’t actually go to Comic Con, but Jake and I did wander around Downtown before the dinner and saw many interesting people and things. It’s amazing to me how every year Comic Con swoops in and changes the landscape of the Gaslamp Quarter and the Convention Center. …
Warning: many, many photos ahead! Many including the holy grail of foods: BACON.
You’ve been warned.
Here’s a non-food photo to warm you up to the onslaught.
Jake and I got to the fair in the mid-afternoon, a little while before the Bacon Fest started. I had skipped lunch and was seriously thinking about getting something else from the fair to tide me over until the fest started. Luckily, I wisely decided to just wait. So… no fair foods this year!
We waited with …
Taco Tuesdays are a huge thing here in San Diego. It usually means a special deal on mini tacos at various taco shops and bars around town. But at Ballast Point Brewery in Scripps Ranch they’re doing things a little differently with Root Cellar Catering Co. The tacos here are all made with different Ballast Point beers, putting a unique twist on the typical taco.
Root Cellar Catering Co. is a husband and wife team (Jamie and Marie) who have put …
Last month I was invited to go to the Coast of Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk. Since it was held in mid-May, of course the clouds rolled in early and made for a gray evening. But no matter – Laura and I still did our fare share of walking and visited 13 of the 28 restaurants on the list. Not bad!
[honey goat cheese crostini at moray's in the catamaran hotel]
We started at the end of the list and worked our way …
This week marks This Tasty Life’s 7th Blogiversary and I can hardly believe I’ve been blogging for that long! In honor of the blogiversary, I’ll be holding five different giveaways this week. Please stay tuned each day for a new giveaway!
I’m kicking off the week with a giveaway that involves the joy of BACON.
My love of bacon is pretty strong, considering the fact that recently I went on a Bacon Crawl and managed to not OD on bacon or get …
Pacific Beach is more than just a college bar scene and more than just a place for beach bums to hang out. They’ve also got a ton of restaurants packed into this area of town. If you’re not familiar with all of them or are simply just interested in seeing what Pacific Beach has got to offer in term of food, then the upcoming Coast of Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk on May 21, 2013 will be the perfect way for …
Dishcrawl is a relatively new dining experience that’s hit the streets here in San Diego recently. With a few neighborhoods already tucked under their belt, Dishcrawl is looking to explore the trendy and hip North Park in it’s next upcoming crawl – which is just around the corner on May 7th!
If you’ve been itching to crawl around North Park to try out a few tasty digs, then Dishcrawl might just be the event you’re looking for. They’ll be visiting four …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (3)
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)