perry’s cafe / old town

1. Dennis says:

Hi Mary! I actually mentioned them a third if including a Friday Foto Buffet post, but yeah, since I usually order the same thing here it gets a bit redundant… ๐Ÿ˜‰ Anyway, I feel you can’t go wrong with the hash browns here. Great every time.

2. OMG, those hash brows!!!!! Must have. I have always wondered about this place, driving over it on the freeway. I remember Dennis’ post about this place too. Looks like it has a neat old school vibe.

Hi CC – Yeah, the hash browns here are good, man! It is totally totally old school. I’m pretty sure it looks the same as the day they opened their doors, it feels like a time warp from the 70’s or something. But it’s hearty and it’s good. Simple cooking!

3. browns.

i no can spell!

The corn beef looks really small compared to the rest of the portion. Maybe it’s bc the rest of the stuff looks so big?

I like how Keiths is your benchmark for diner food. It’s mine too ๐Ÿ™ We should do an Ode to Keiths post together.

Hi Faye – I think I just got a CRAPTON of hash browns. Not that I mind, I loves me some hash browns. I didn’t even eat this whole plate. It was too much! Keith’s is still my benchmark, I totally miss it. We should do a Keith’s homage!

5. Lauren says:

Keith’s! Now that was a diner. Miss that place.

I love Perry’s, too! We live right up the street but don’t go there nearly enough. Great chicken fried steak, awesome service, delicious french toast!

Love your blog! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Lauren! I am a sucker for chicken fried steak, I’ll have to try it at Perry’s! Currently I think my favorite chicken fried steak is at Tobey’s 19th Hole. I might be making myself hungry… ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the comment!

• Lauren says:

I will have to check out Tobeyโ€™s 19th Hole, I have never heard of that place! You’re making both of us hungry now! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Lauren – It’s a really cool spot – I used to have a review on here about it but I don’t anymore. It’s at the Balboa Park golf course and everything is made from scratch there. It’s cash only and has a really awesome view towards Downtown. Definitely check it out!