This isn’t a real post. I know it looks like a real post, but it isn’t.
I intended to do another full post for today, but now I’m tired and it’s late and I don’t want to.
Instead, I leave you with this shot of San Diego from above Shelter Island.
We sure do live in a pretty city, don’t we? I sometimes forget how beautiful it is sometimes.
Jake and I are planning on doing some pumpkin carving this weekend! I’ll share our …
Jake and I visited Fat Sal’s when they first opened. Jake is a huge fan of Entourage and he was pretty excited to see a venture where one of the co-owners (Jerry Ferrara) was from that show. Honestly though, that first visit we had was not too impressive: semi-cold sandwiches (which were supposed to be hot), smooshed sandwiches and funky flavors kind of made us wonder about the place. Then I went to the Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk and had …
I’ve made cheesecake quite a few times… but it has never been as super creamy as the ones at the Cheesecake Factory which has always driven me a little nuts. I adore super creamy cheesecake and I was determined to try and make something just like theirs – but homemade. I scoured around on the internet and found a few resources to help me achieve the glorious smooth and creamy texture I was seeking. The instructions I found totally nailed …
To follow the Bacon Crawl I organized earlier this year, I took my co-workers on a little Cheese Crawl of San Diego! We originally intended to go to four places but we all cried uncle after three, and considering we ate way right off the bat it’s not really that surprising we called uncle so early.
The cohorts for this crawl were: myself, Jake, A. (Jake’s daughter), Lauren, David, Allison and Matt.
Our first stop was at Urban Solace:
[cheese biscuits – $5.75 …
I was invited to attend the Taste of Downtown by McFarlane Promos and I happily accepted. I meant to go the last two years (!!) but something came up both times and I wasn’t able to make it. Stacey was my cohort for the evening and we planned on tackling this event the simple way: just go down 5th and swing around to 6th until we hit 14 spots.
Why 14? Stacey insisted we should do one more than the last …
Cake decorating post alert!
I don’t know why I felt the need to give you so many alerts. But hey, there’s some geeky video gaming cake decorating going on over here today and I hope you’ve prepared for it.
S requested a Minecraft birthday cake because apparently he thinks it’s the bee’s knees. I didn’t even try Minecraft until the day after I made this cake so this is like an interpretive cake. I knew it was pixel-y and block-y and …
This post is written as a part of ShopMoxie’s Best of the US Series!
San Diego is filled to the brim with fancy places here and there. As a local, you’ll rarely find me eating out Downtown or in the touristy parts of San Diego (I’m looking at you, Old Town). Instead, I like checking out the little hole in the walls for some really awesomely good and awesomely cheap eats.
1) El Comal in North Park
3946 Illinois Street, San Diego, CA …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (3)
- Melanie Montgomery: I would use it to help cater my work party!
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!