Last month I was invited to check out the new French Concession restaurant in Hillcrest – an operation that’s got a menu chock full of tasty sounding dim sum items. It’s not the traditional dim sum as there are no carts being pushed around but rather a menu full of various offerings that you choose from. I’ve never had “real” dim sum with carts and all, but one day I will (oh, yes I will).
My friend, Laura, came with me …
Seriously. Why isn’t it Friday yet? I went to bed too late last night and had to get one of these this morning:
Iced coffee with milk. The Starbucks version is not anywhere near as good as the ones I like to get from Cali Baguette, but they don’t open early enough for me to get one of those. For some reason, I can drink iced coffee again but still no hot coffee. My stomach is has a mind of it’s …
Last month I met up with CC of Pink Candles at Ridgemont High for lunch near my work. I picked a place I hadn’t been to in five years: Opera Cafe & Patisserie. I’ve been trying to get my co-workers to go here but it hasn’t quite worked out in my favor yet… so I figured CC would be cool with it!
I was only able to do iPhone photos that day since I lent David my camera for his Harry’s …
I don’t remember the first time I ever heard about Kinder Eggs or Surprise Eggs. I think I saw them on a blog and saw that it was chocolate with a little toy inside that you could assemble. How freaking cool is that and where could I get some?! I remember reading further and discovering that that were in fact illegal in the US due to a law from 1938 that no toys could be embedded into sweet confections and …
Nestled in downtown La Jolla, Harry’s Coffee Shop is an established landmark that’s been serving up breakfast and lunch since 1960. Now run by the family’s second generation, the restaurant is a throwback to traditional east coast diners with a long counter, vinyl booths, Norman Rockwell prints and vintage sports memorabilia lining the walls. It’s warm, comfortable and familiar.
(Note: Now edited with additional photos!) This is what I did last night instead of doing a review post! I made a cake for Jake’s daughter’s birthday. It will end up being a My Little Pony cake once we get the ponies but for now it just looks like a rainbow cake. Last year I did a surprise rainbow on the inside of her Skylander’s cake and so I sort of did the opposite of last year. Her favorite pony …
After my little solo trip to Heaven Sent and after Jake’s game that evening, I suggested we head over to The Haven Pizzeria in Kensington for dinner. I had a LivingSocial deal and had read about the pizza spot on CC’s blog and I had a hankering to visit.
[haven twists - parmesan & garlic bread sticks / $4.99]
I can never resist a breadstick, even though we’re already eating pizza. I’ll have more carbs with my carbs, thank you! The breadsticks …
This winter Jake joined a softball league and I, as the dutiful girlfriend, have been attending all of his night games. Yes – night games. Being a native San Diegan, sitting outside in winter is not really something that brings me joy even if it doesn’t ever snow here. I know our “winter” is not the same as the rest of the country, but hey – it still gets chilly out there! But, I am supportive and so I grab …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- mary: Hi Anna – Sorry, I don’t know it! I saw this Irish Milkshake drink: http://madtini.com/the-irish-m ilkshake/ – I don’t know if...