The last few softball games Jake has had have been later in the evening – at 8:30PM. This gave us a chance to check out some late night happy hours I’d been curious about.
The first one we went to was at the Lazy Dog Restaurant. They have regular happy hour Monday-Friday from 3 to 6PM. Sunday through Thursday they do a second happy hour from 9PM until close. The menu is the same for both times. Anything with an asterisk …
Last week Jake and I went to Rei de Gado for the first day of San Diego Restaurant Week. $20 for lunch, man. I know SDRW is over now (though there is a Week 2 but Rei de Gado isn’t participating) – so take notes for the fall!
Now… onto my picture heavy post.
I’m not really much of a person to suggest ways on how to live your life – but I don’t mind sharing ways that I’ve helped myself in my own life. I used to have terrible digestion problems from the various medications I’d be on and been trying. My stomach seemed to be upset with me ALL OF THE TIME, no matter what I did. I couldn’t really stop taking my meds (though… I kind of did for awhile, but …
The buffalo wings I put up yesterday turned out good despite the oven mishaps. But on the flip side of that, I also made a recipe that was a total fail. It hurts a little to think about it. But I document it anyway because I’m some kind of glutton for punishment. And maybe I’ll have an idea later on how to make this work eventually!
I had this brilliant idea: I wanted to a cross-hybrid of calzones with won-tons and …
Jake is a big fan of football. Well – actually – a big fan of the Chargers. Once they’re out, he doesn’t care about what happens with the rest of the season and I’m off the hook for having to listen/watch any more games. My compromise is that I offer to cook food while the game is going on so A) I get to hang out in the kitchen and B) then eat some tasty treats. It’s a win-win for …
Hello! We are back with another little tidbit about Harry’s Coffee Shop – the place my minion friend, David, wrote about last week. If you need a refresher, go and check out his review on Harry’s again. Go on, I’ll wait.
Okay, awesome! So now that you’d refreshed your memory, I’ve got a giveaway that should have gone with the post last week… but oh well. It’s happening today instead. Harry’s Coffee Shop wants to treat FIVE lovely readers to a …
Jake had been wanting to try Korean BBQ for quite some time. The allure of “all you can eat” was a siren call to him and he knows I’m super reluctant to go to all you can eat places, but I had been wanting to try Korean BBQ as well. A few other bloggers suggested that I visit Jeong Won Korean BBQ buffet for our first AYCE try.
At Jeong Won, in the back of the restaurant is an area for …
Last month I was invited to check out the new French Concession restaurant in Hillcrest – an operation that’s got a menu chock full of tasty sounding dim sum items. It’s not the traditional dim sum as there are no carts being pushed around but rather a menu full of various offerings that you choose from. I’ve never had “real” dim sum with carts and all, but one day I will (oh, yes I will).
My friend, Laura, came with me …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (7)
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)