Last month I had the pleasure of dining with a few other very lovely bloggers: Kirbie of Kirbie’s Cravings (the organizer), CC of Pink Candles at Ridgemont High, Cathy of mmm-yoso, C of CAB Cooks, Darlene of My Burning Kitchen, Jinxi from Jinxi Eats and myself. The place of choice? Que Huong in City Heights.
I had visited Que Huong one other time and I don’t remember what I tried, but I remember not being very impressed. This time around though, …
After Jake’s last softball game of the season last Wednesday (which lasts 8 games), we joined his team over at Tiger!Tiger! in North Park for a little post game drinking and eating. Well, I drank an Arnold Palmer and Jake had a Virgil’s Root Beer (which they have on TAP). We didn’t feel like partaking of the alcoholic beverages that evening.
[sausage poutine fries with house made fries, mozzarella curds, pork and sausage gravy / $9.50]
Jake and I shared these entrees …
I feel like I am battling and fighting off a cold right now. Let’s keep this short and sweet!
I originally came to Luong Hai Kyfor one of their kick ass lunch specials (garlic chili pork chop for $6.55) but I didn’t take any photos of that because I didn’t feel like it that day. A few weeks later I took Jake and T here for a little dinner.
[egg rolls - $5.95]
I want to eat egg rolls, like, all of the …
About three years ago, Heather, Laura and I had a red velvet cupcake tasting where we sampled 8 different cupcakes between the three of us. Pretty impressive actually, though we probably each had like one or two bites per cupcake. Recently I found out that our winner from that tasting (Influx Cafe) no longer makes red velvet cupcakes and therefore my past post was no longer valid! Nooooo! I could not let that stand and quickly formulated a plan to …
Here’s my final Restaurant Week post! I’m a slacker.
I had a $25 dining card that was given to me on my last visit to the Headquarters in December. It was a crazy fun blogger thing that gave us all a glimpse into the coolness of the new Headquarters, which is located at the old Police Station Headquarters from back in the day (hence the name). I made reservations for Heather and I at 7:30 on a Wednesday night. Heather came …
I have one more Restaurant Week thing to post about, but it’s late night on Sunday and it’s too many photos so I don’t wanna. Not yet anyway. Look for that one later this week.
Instead, I’m going to share a little place I discovered for breakfast this weekend. I was heading up to Encinitas to purchase some cupcakes for a Red Velvet Cupcake tasting I organized this weekend (also coming very soon in a post near you) and I had …
This time around after another one of Jake’s later night games, we headed out to the Riviera Supper Club in La Mesa for another late night happy hour.
It was Wednesday night – around 9:30PM and there was a live band playing near the front entrance. I felt like a hip adult out for a drink on a weeknight…
… even thought all I had was a Diet Coke. There were no booths in the bar area at first, so we saddled …
I’ve made a lot of banana bread in my life but this one might be my new favorite.
It’s extra moist. It’s got tons of pecans in it. Plus… it has browned butter! Funny thing about the browned butter… I kind of did it by accident. I left my butter unattended on the stove while I was measuring ingridents and the butter had started to brown a little… so I figured I’d just do it all the way.
I needed the butter …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)