Earlier this month I was invited to Noodles & Company to try an “Asparagus Feast” at their restaurant. As someone who enjoys the flavor and taste of asparagus, I was more than happy to take them up on their offer. It was a little harder though to find some cohorts to join me in this endeavor though. Apparently a lot of my friends don’t dig asparagus for some reason. This baffles me like people’s dislike of mushrooms baffles me. Y’all …
I’m finishing off my Blogiversary Week with one last giveaway to my current favorite restaurant, which is D Bar in Hillcrest!
But don’t forget about all of the other giveaways from this past week, including:
2 tickets to Bacon Fest at the San Diego County Fair
a bottle of tropical sea salt
2 bottles/cartons of Stremicks Heritage organic milk
1 baking mat for all of your baking needs
Jake and I swung by here on Wednesday night. It wasn’t my original intention to dine here – …
I bake a lot of cookies. No joke. I probably made like … oh… 12 dozen + recently for the SD Food Bloggers Bake Sale. I used two kinds of cookie sheets – big ones and small ones. I used silicone baking mats for some… and not for others. And it sure does make a difference!
You’ve probably seen my typical “red” baking mats on the blog many times to make cookies like this:
Or like this:
My trusty baking mats have always …
Last week I made S.’s most requested item when he comes over to stay with Jake and I: macaroni and cheese.
I’m always altering that recipe I used for crispy creamy 5 cheese mac n cheese and Jake still, to this day, thinks that 5 cheese one is sheer perfection. But me? I’m always looking to improve it, change it, and make it better.
I happened to have a bunch of cheeses on hand to make this and this batch consisted of …
I’ve got a confession to make: I’m kind of a salt snob.
I don’t remember the last time I bought regular table salt, and quite frankly, I see no use for it. There’s a whole array of delicious salts that exist in the world that taste a thousand times better than boring table salt.
This is my current “salt collection”. The Fleur de Sel is the most used up bottle – I use it in cooking, in desserts (it’s perfect in chocolate …
This week marks This Tasty Life’s 7th Blogiversary and I can hardly believe I’ve been blogging for that long! In honor of the blogiversary, I’ll be holding five different giveaways this week. Please stay tuned each day for a new giveaway!
I’m kicking off the week with a giveaway that involves the joy of BACON.
My love of bacon is pretty strong, considering the fact that recently I went on a Bacon Crawl and managed to not OD on bacon or get …
It was Heather’s birthday this week and I wanted to make dinner for her. Because I love her. And because I like making delicious food. Stacey also joined us for an evening of mushrooms, cheese and lots of wine.
This is Heather! She’s holding one of the gifts I got for her, a product called Spiced Beer Jelly. I bought it on Fab.com and it came in a two pack along with a jar of strawberry balsamic jelly (which we also …
about this site
- summer cooking
- carnitas uruapan / la mesa – san diego, ca
- coast of pacific beach restaurant walk 2013 – san diego, ca
- hash brown burritos at cotijas / tierrasanta – san diego, ca
- happy national donut day!
- [recipe] root beer float cookies
- britts bbq / el segundo, ca
- d bar winner!
- baking mat winner!
- [recipe] adventures in baking: homemade cronuts
- summer cooking (4)
- mary: I still have leftover pesto, I suspect I’ll be making that dish again this week! I love eating outdoors all the time now that it’s warm...
- mary: I got the idea from Julian Pie Company! They call them something else, like “memories” or something homey like that. Really easy to make...
- caninecologne: Everything you made looks so good, especially the pesto and the corn dogs! We have to clean our grill so we can start doing up summer...
- Jinxi: Mm this post made me hungry =) I love the idea of pie crust cookies! Now I know what to do with leftover pie crust!
- carnitas uruapan / la mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Have fun on your trip! Excited to hear about you have over in Taiwan! Will definitely keep you posted about any adobada places. Maybe we just need to...
- mary: Oh! I did not even notice that on the menu, Cathy! Thanks for the tip… will have to try that next time we go here.
- mary: They were very good here. I’d probably be content with just potato tacos and rolled tacos from here!