I’m always trying to find different and interesting places to dine and luckily my co-workers are willing to go with me to untested places for lunch. Tropical Star Restaurant & Specialty Market caught my eye because it offered an interesting number of Latin American foods. They feature Puerto Rican food but also have a little bit of “this and that” from other Latin cultures, creating an interesting mix of items available for feeding your belly.
Tropical Star is located in a …
This was an unplanned visit. Pat & Oscar’s… err, I’m sorry, O’s American Kitchen, is not really one of my favorite places to dine. But, they have really, really awesome breaksticks which does make me want to eat there once in a while, even though I don’t really like the rest of the food there. After Jake, T and I had finished watching Iron Man 3 at Parkway Plaza this weekend, we were on our way out to grab lunch …
When we visited D Bar for our bacon crawl, I knew we’d be back. We didn’t try any of the desserts that day and I was ITCHING to try them. Just a peek made me salivate and after a few weeks Jake and I were finally able to go back for brunch.
We just happened to go the same day as Taste of Hillcrest, but we went early enough that the meandering crowds did not affect us in any way. T …
Pacific Beach is more than just a college bar scene and more than just a place for beach bums to hang out. They’ve also got a ton of restaurants packed into this area of town. If you’re not familiar with all of them or are simply just interested in seeing what Pacific Beach has got to offer in term of food, then the upcoming Coast of Pacific Beach Restaurant Walk on May 21, 2013 will be the perfect way for …
One of the stops for the Dishcrawl in North Park tomorrow will be Swoon Dessert Bar. I was lucky enough to get a little preview of Swoon to see what kind of dessert offerings they have at this dessert bar. I was excited to try it out since I’ve been wanting to visit for quite awhile.
[scottish caramel tea]
I started off with a hot tea to ease into the dessert tasting that came a bit later. This was a Pu-erh tea …
I’ve been too busy baking to do a proper post. Please stop by and visit us in Pacific Beach tomorrow for the San Diego Food Blogger Bake Sale!
My menu for tomorrow:
Hope to see you there!
Dishcrawl is a relatively new dining experience that’s hit the streets here in San Diego recently. With a few neighborhoods already tucked under their belt, Dishcrawl is looking to explore the trendy and hip North Park in it’s next upcoming crawl – which is just around the corner on May 7th!
If you’ve been itching to crawl around North Park to try out a few tasty digs, then Dishcrawl might just be the event you’re looking for. They’ll be visiting four …
about this site
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (19)
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!) (17)
- Christina: Liked on Facebook as well!
- Christina: Oh dear this is difficult, probably chocolate chip cookies with my grandmother’s crown royal glace brushed on top!
- Sandy: Chocolate chip cookies! Lemon bars would be first, but I don’t use the baking mats for them.
- Hannah v: Did someone say chocolate chip cookies??? That’s my go-to