pizzeria mozza / downtown san diego

1. Kimberlee says:

I’m loving those mozzarella balls and I haven’t even tasted them yet! Of course, they wouldn’t be complete with the marinara. I hope you wore your bib for this one.

Hi Kimberlee! They were pretty little tasty mozzarella balls! If the sauce didn’t have olives swimming in it I would have liked it more, but I’m sure the olive-lovin’ folks would dig it. Sometimes when I don’t feel like pulling out my bib, I just hold the plate really close to my face. I think that’s what I did this time. But I still love my bib ๐Ÿ™‚

Ooh I haven’t been here yet but it’s definitely on my list! S isn’t a huge pizza fan BUT I think I finally convinced him to go try Mozza with me, haha. That grilled bread looks delicious!

Hi Jinxi! Oh goodie, yes, you must go visit! I really, really liked the crust and that bread was fantastic. There’s plenty to try on the menu, they also have panini’s and lasagna. And lots of things with cheese ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Darren says:

Darn stop giving me more reasons to brave downtown busyness and lack of parking. Was there a lot of sauce on the pizza? I tend to like my pizzas drenched in sauce. Looks like a meat lovers paradise though.

Hi Darren – Haha! I know, Downtown is terrible. But something you must brave it for delicious things, right?! There wasn’t a lot of sauce on the pizza, but Jake (who normally gets extra sauce on pizza) still really enjoyed the pizza. You could always ask for extra sauce! It was a very, very meaty pizza. Meat lover’s for sure!

4. Yes….mozzarella ballz. Those will be mine, except for the olives too.

Perhaps a future trolley adventure is in order. $5 round trip saves us me, bert and tc the troubl of traffic, driving, and trying to find crappy parking.

Hi CC – They are a little pricey but they tasted so good! We went Downtown on Friday night and took the trolley, was much better than trying to find parking down there, ugh.

Oh those mozz balls look good! Did you think it was worth the price? The cheese balls look kinda small. Thank you for hating evil olives too ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t know why I always assume bread will be free at a restaurant. The hunk of bread here looks amazing though.

Is this the restaurant that’s owned by the Italian chef who wears the orange crocs? I’m soooo drawing a blank right now b/c my brained is work fried.

Where did you park ? Seaport Village?

Hi Faye – I wish I didn’t have to share the mozza balls… but they were good! A tiny bit pricey but we really enjoyed them. Ugh, I vehemently dislike the flavor of olives, it permeated the whole sauce. Gross!

A lot of places do have free bread but this place made their bread all fancy like.

YES, Mario wears the orange crocs and he is one of the owners haha!

We actually did the valet parking at the Headquarters, but we had the hook-up on parking from our visit to Frost Me Cupcakes (which is why I really wanted to have lunch right after cupcakes – to take advantage of the free parking we got).