common theory public house

1. Cathy says:

‘Daygo’? OMG. Totally not PC, but it looks good. Have been waiting for the crowds to die down before going here…but to actually say that word out loud, spelling notwithstanding. OMG

I think their happy hour menu is the best deal, and I like it because it’s not just all fried foods so you could actually make a meal out of a few little plates. I like their plain wings the best; the servers keep trying to push the sweet and spicy ones as being customer favorites, but it’s just wings coated in sweet chili sauce (like from the bottle). The super spicy wings were so hot it hurt to even taste it. The duck fries and chips are good, too. (And, I just realized that both those are totally fried foods.)

I like what they’re doing, the food, the beers, the space… but our last visit was so horrible (service wise), it’s going to take a while to convince my friends to go back for a second chance.

Oh, I’m also not a fan of their soft serve. At least the one made with beer – it came out a little too icy and not creamy enough for my taste.

Hi Leanne – I didn’t really mention it in my review, but both times I thought the service was slow, but nothing too horrid. Maybe Jake and I will visit for happy hour instead of dinner, seems like it would be a better deal (I also just spied “homemade tamales” on the HH menu so that makes it more tempting). Good to hear about the happy hour and your experience!

Hmm I haven’t been here since the first month that they had opened… seems like as it got busier, the food quality was compromised a bit? I’ll have to do another revisit, especially as they transition the taps to fall beers 🙂

Hi Jinxi – Yeah, my service was a bit slow both times. I’ll still wish for a lunch menu but in the meantime I’ll probably try and go to happy hour sometime. I’ll stick to root beer and cold brew on tap, haha.

4. Kimberlee says:

The cheese is always better when it has a hint of burn on it, IMO. Pesto goes well with thin crust.