I bake a lot of cookies. No joke. I probably made like … oh… 12 dozen + recently for the SD Food Bloggers Bake Sale. I used two kinds of cookie sheets – big ones and small ones. I used silicone baking mats for some… and not for others. And it sure does make a difference!
You’ve probably seen my typical “red” baking mats on the blog many times to make cookies like this:
Or like this:
My trusty baking mats have always been there for me. But… I’ve noticed they’re starting to get kind of deformed while baking and I recently picked up some new silicon baking mats.
Okay, so I didn’t actually bake any Oreo’s… but I needed a prop! I didn’t have any cookie dough on hand so Oreo’s are the stand-in today.
These new silicone baking mats look promising. They have a nice feel to them and stick right down into the cookie sheet. I’m hoping they’ll see me through lots and lots of cookie baking in the future!
I have one extra silicone baking mat for one lucky reader so you can also bake to your heart’s content and not have to worry about stuff sticking to the pan.
To enter to win your own silicone baking mat, just tell me: what is your favorite baked treat (sweet or savory)?
For an extra entry, like this post on Facebook (must leave a separate comment make it count!).
Good luck! Contest is open only to US Residents. Winner will be picked via random.org. This contest is not sponsored by anyone except for This Tasty Life. Paderno World Cuisine is not affiliated with this giveaway in any way, shape or form. Content runs until May 30th, 2013 at midnight PST.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...
- Faye: That mushroom salt is a killer idea! I love it. I’ve seen their dried mushroom section in the Del Mar location but it was soooo expensive. I...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...