Cake decorating post alert!
I don’t know why I felt the need to give you so many alerts. But hey, there’s some geeky video gaming cake decorating going on over here today and I hope you’ve prepared for it.
S requested a Minecraft birthday cake because apparently he thinks it’s the bee’s knees. I didn’t even try Minecraft until the day after I made this cake so this is like an interpretive cake. I knew it was pixel-y and block-y and …
Jake’s oldest son, T, celebrated his 15th birthday in August! Goodness. Fifteen. Where has all the time gone?!
His birthday request? A pistachio cake. Apparently this idea sprung from these pistachio cookies I made 2 years for Christmas. I guess he’s been thinking about them ever since and has really wanted me to make something else with pistachios.
I’ve never made a pistachio cake before so I looked up a few recipes and did one the “easy” way (aka with boxed cake …
There are some days when even if it’s stupid hot out… you just have to bake. Because inspiration has struck and you must act on it immediately! Mostly because you want to see if your idea is as good as it sounds in your head. That’s pretty much how these cookies came into being. I read Bakergirl’s latest post about Puffy Sprinkle Sugar Cookies and got inspired… to make the same thing… but with peanut butter and chocolate instead.
It’s not …
Earlier this month for Jake’s Mom’s birthday, I made her a cake!
A lemon bundt cake – pound cake kind of thing. I decided to call it “lemon bliss” because it’s blissfully delicious. It’s based on a recipe I found on the King Arthur Flour’s website with a couple of little additions.
This cake doesn’t have frosting on it, but it does have lemon glaze which soaks into the cake for a day or two. It’s a great thing to bring to …
I bake a lot of cookies. No joke. I probably made like … oh… 12 dozen + recently for the SD Food Bloggers Bake Sale. I used two kinds of cookie sheets – big ones and small ones. I used silicone baking mats for some… and not for others. And it sure does make a difference!
You’ve probably seen my typical “red” baking mats on the blog many times to make cookies like this:
Or like this:
My trusty baking mats have always …
Quick post! To share cupcakes.
My supervisor, David, had a birthday the same week that Jake and I celebrated our anniversary. So I just made extra cupcakes that week so I could make these sushi cupcakes for David’s birthday!
The bottom cupcake is the same as the Stormtrooper cupcakes – vanilla bean with vanilla frosting.
The “sushi” is made with mini cupcakes from the same batter. They are wrapped with a slice of grape fruit roll-up for the “seaweed”. The “rice” is shredded …
The San Diego Food Blogger’s Bake Sale is upcoming up right around the corner on May 4th, 2013! This will be the third year running for the bake sale and also my third time participating! The bake sale will again be at Great News in Pacific Beach and will feature all kinds of delightfully delicious treats from local San Diego bloggers and bakers alike!
Last year I choose to do an online auction for baked goods, but this year I am …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...
- Faye: That mushroom salt is a killer idea! I love it. I’ve seen their dried mushroom section in the Del Mar location but it was soooo expensive. I...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...