Before I forget… let me reveal the final cookies that I gave to Jake on Valentine’s Day!
Which naturally go with Jake’s Valentine’s Day card that I got for him off of Etsy. It was a “print it yo-self” card and that’s when I discovered my printer ran out of color ink. I ended up filling it in with colored pencils and adding some “3-D” punched out hearts to the card.
I got the Star Wars Heros & Villians cookie cutters …
Happy Valentine’s Day! I had plans in my head to do more Valentine’s recipes/posts… but that didn’t exactly work out. Last night I made Jake some special treats for today (which I will post about later because I don’t want him to see what I made) and with the leftover cookie dough I made these:
Mini heart sandwich cookies! They are sugar cookies with lemon cream filling. They are pretty tiny and just the right bite for a little something sweet.
I’ve made a lot of banana bread in my life but this one might be my new favorite.
It’s extra moist. It’s got tons of pecans in it. Plus… it has browned butter! Funny thing about the browned butter… I kind of did it by accident. I left my butter unattended on the stove while I was measuring ingridents and the butter had started to brown a little… so I figured I’d just do it all the way.
I needed the butter …
(Note: Now edited with additional photos!) This is what I did last night instead of doing a review post! I made a cake for Jake’s daughter’s birthday. It will end up being a My Little Pony cake once we get the ponies but for now it just looks like a rainbow cake. Last year I did a surprise rainbow on the inside of her Skylander’s cake and so I sort of did the opposite of last year. Her favorite pony …
Cake decorating post alert!
I don’t know why I felt the need to give you so many alerts. But hey, there’s some geeky video gaming cake decorating going on over here today and I hope you’ve prepared for it.
S requested a Minecraft birthday cake because apparently he thinks it’s the bee’s knees. I didn’t even try Minecraft until the day after I made this cake so this is like an interpretive cake. I knew it was pixel-y and block-y and …
Jake’s oldest son, T, celebrated his 15th birthday in August! Goodness. Fifteen. Where has all the time gone?!
His birthday request? A pistachio cake. Apparently this idea sprung from these pistachio cookies I made 2 years for Christmas. I guess he’s been thinking about them ever since and has really wanted me to make something else with pistachios.
I’ve never made a pistachio cake before so I looked up a few recipes and did one the “easy” way (aka with boxed cake …
There are some days when even if it’s stupid hot out… you just have to bake. Because inspiration has struck and you must act on it immediately! Mostly because you want to see if your idea is as good as it sounds in your head. That’s pretty much how these cookies came into being. I read Bakergirl’s latest post about Puffy Sprinkle Sugar Cookies and got inspired… to make the same thing… but with peanut butter and chocolate instead.
It’s not …
Earlier this month for Jake’s Mom’s birthday, I made her a cake!
A lemon bundt cake – pound cake kind of thing. I decided to call it “lemon bliss” because it’s blissfully delicious. It’s based on a recipe I found on the King Arthur Flour’s website with a couple of little additions.
This cake doesn’t have frosting on it, but it does have lemon glaze which soaks into the cake for a day or two. It’s a great thing to bring to …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (7)
- Kirbie: I love those little footballs. Hehe. You can find them at most dim sum places which is nice. Hmm, I think the bun you got in the last picture is the...
- mary: Hi CC – Um. Yeah, I *think* I’m gonna have to pass on the pig rectum for all subsequent visits…
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.