firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca

I LOVE Firehouse Subs – it used to be my favorite sandwich shop back on the East Coast, and now I’m so glad that there’s one in SD, too! 🙂 BTW, their white chocolate chip macadamia cookies are really good!

Oh nice – which sandwich was/is your favorite here? They didn’t have white chocolate chip macadamia cookies when we visited, but those sound awesome! I always like the Pepperidge Farm version of those cookies haha.

• Jinxi says:

Wow looking at the menu now, they’ve changed it a bit since the last time I was there, over three years ago! Haha. I remember really liking the Firehouse Hero. Also, the hot sauce shelf is AWESOME! 😛 Glad to see that it’s in all the stores 🙂

The meatball sandwich looks good for some reason (I think it’s b/c I’m cold and hungry right now?).Where’s your favorite meatball sub place here in SD?

I think you’re a great gf for taking pics of your bf when he’s hurtin’ (I’d do the same thing, hehe). Do you have to ask to try the 3 bottles of Level 10 or is it on that hot sauce shelf?

I think adults should be able to try on the fireman gear too 🙂 Just sayin…

Hmmm, I actually don’t usually order meatball subs because I’d rather eat the meatballs on their own! My current favorite meatball (is that a thing?) is probably the one at Mamma Teresa in Poway… or the ones I make in my own kitchen 🙂

I was documenting it for research purposes… yeah… that sounds good. Yes, you have to ask for the Level 10’s because they are not out with the other sauces so no one accidentally grabs/uses them. You must want the pain!

I bet if you asked, they’d let an adult try the gear on, too! It’s probably mostly kids that ask hehe

3. Don Fox says:

Very courageous on the hot sauce sampling by Jake! Delighted that you all had a great visit. We’re very proud of our local franchisee and his team.

4. OMG, those pictures of Jake….poor guy!!!!!! I would not have even tried a drop! One of my friends tried a drop of Instant Insanity (or something similiarly named) and he looked just like Jake did!!!! Sweat was pouring down too.

I like meatballs but not in sandwiches. I like them on their own as well.

I know… it was not the best idea ever! But he did it and he looked like he was in a lot of pain but he totally recovered haha. I would never do such a thing, sounds way too uncomfortable and painful to me, oy. I like meatballs AND I like bread, but I just hate when the sauce makes the bread soggy, I think that’s what I really don’t like!