Archive for cake decorating
(Note: Now edited with additional photos!) This is what I did last night instead of doing a review post! I made a cake for Jake’s daughter’s birthday. It will end up being a My Little Pony cake once we get the ponies but for now it just looks like a rainbow cake. Last year I did a surprise rainbow on the inside of her Skylander’s cake and so I sort of did the opposite of last year. Her favorite pony …
Cake decorating post alert!
I don’t know why I felt the need to give you so many alerts. But hey, there’s some geeky video gaming cake decorating going on over here today and I hope you’ve prepared for it.
S requested a Minecraft birthday cake because apparently he thinks it’s the bee’s knees. I didn’t even try Minecraft until the day after I made this cake so this is like an interpretive cake. I knew it was pixel-y and block-y and …
Jake’s oldest son, T, celebrated his 15th birthday in August! Goodness. Fifteen. Where has all the time gone?!
His birthday request? A pistachio cake. Apparently this idea sprung from these pistachio cookies I made 2 years for Christmas. I guess he’s been thinking about them ever since and has really wanted me to make something else with pistachios.
I’ve never made a pistachio cake before so I looked up a few recipes and did one the “easy” way (aka with boxed cake …
Earlier this month for Jake’s Mom’s birthday, I made her a cake!
A lemon bundt cake – pound cake kind of thing. I decided to call it “lemon bliss” because it’s blissfully delicious. It’s based on a recipe I found on the King Arthur Flour’s website with a couple of little additions.
This cake doesn’t have frosting on it, but it does have lemon glaze which soaks into the cake for a day or two. It’s a great thing to bring to …
Quick post! To share cupcakes.
My supervisor, David, had a birthday the same week that Jake and I celebrated our anniversary. So I just made extra cupcakes that week so I could make these sushi cupcakes for David’s birthday!
The bottom cupcake is the same as the Stormtrooper cupcakes – vanilla bean with vanilla frosting.
The “sushi” is made with mini cupcakes from the same batter. They are wrapped with a slice of grape fruit roll-up for the “seaweed”. The “rice” is shredded …
It’s late and I’m tired, so this post is going to be kind of half assed. Oh well. I hope you forgive me.
Jake and I celebrated our 6th anniversary this week! It’s crazy to think how fast time flies by… hoo boy. I still remember our first date though! It lasted 12 hours (yes, 12!) and we ate lunch, went to the beach, watched a movie and that was just the beginning of six years of friendship and love.
In honor …
Valentine’s Day is making a pretty fast approach (pssst, it’s on Thursday). Instead of doing a last minute “oh crap I kind of forgot” gift… take a little bit of time to do make something for your sweetie this year instead of another gigantor box of chocolates. I offer you this as a solution: rice krispies treats, all doctored up and fancy lookin’, enough to impress any well meaning boy or girl. If you don’t have a sweetie yet, this …
For A.’s 13th birthday, I made her a Skylanders cake. A. and her brother S. got into Skylanders after S. got it for Christmas from Jake and I. She thought Skylanders was lame until she actually played it, and then they both ended up totally adoring the game. Skylanders though – it ain’t cheap. Buying the little figures new is about $10 bucks apiece, but luckily Jake found someone selling them on craigslist for a better deal. You really can …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)