embargo grill

1. Kirbie and I went here last year and enjoyed our menu items, especially the tostones and the Cuban sandwich. I also liked their Cuban coffee. It’s pretty convenient that The Cravory is only a few steps away too!

I forgot to try Cuban coffee there! I’ll have to go back and check that out, too. It is very, very convenient that the Cravory is right there. A good excuse for a cookie break πŸ™‚

2. We also liked the fried yucca sticks.

3. I went here today with my friends. We tried the empanadas de picadillo plus croquetas along with the Cuban sandwich, tostones and the yucca sticks. Their greatest hits, haha. The croquetas weren’t all that. They were in some sort of marinara like sauce. We loved the tostones.

I’ll have to try the tostones next time. Yeah, I don’t like the sauce on the croquetas, it makes them soggy. Yucca sticks sound interesting, too!

Dang man the Cubano looks so good! The pulled pork and ham look generous. And gosh the bread looks so crunchy too. Yeah the warm pulled pork over cold lettuce is strange to me as well. Maybe pulled pork over the plantain chips would be a better option πŸ™‚ I’m going to check out their menu right now.

Ohhh… pulled pork over plantain chips does sound very intriguing. Maybe you just came up with a brilliant idea! The Cubano was excellent – I think you’d like it!

5. Tina says:

Dear Mary,
    Thank you for visiting us! We always appreciate it when local foodies and bloggers dine with us and share their experience with others. We are thrilled that the Cubano sandwich and plantain chips hit the spot. Your friends said some nice things about a few of our other offerings too, and we’d be delighted to serve you again. About the croquettes – we want you to be 100% satisfied. Please let us know if something isn’t quite prepared to your satisfaction. We can always serve our sauces on the side if you are craving that crunch!

As for the yucca fritta, I feel the same way and always ask the chef to make sure they are well fried. The garlic sauce on them is quite tasty!

Finally, we do serve the embargo grill plates a little differently, layered. If you prefer things plated traditionally, always ask! We have a few newer specialties served that way. We aim to please and thank you for taking time to post your experience online!

Happy new year and may there be plenty of good food to go around,
    Tina
    Co owner
    619-786-7522

6. Stacey says:

I really like this place. We head there every now and then since they’re just down the road, and I’m always happy. At first I thought the platter (beans/rice bottom, salad stuff, meat/sauce top) was odd, but I’ve really grown to love it. Thus far my favorite combination has been the white rice, black bean, portobello mushroom, chimichurri sauce. Hungry just thinking about it!