rita’s italian ice – mira mesa

1. Kirbie says:

how funny, I was thisclose to posting about my visit to this Rita’s recently. so happy to see so many opening

Haha, that would have been funny! Rita’s are all over the place! I think I read they’re also opening one in Scripps Ranch. One in every neighborhood seems to be what they’re going for.

2. Lynn says:

I didn’t even know there were restaurants in that area! Is this behind that 7-11 or something? Anyway, I went to the Rita’s in PQ and there weren’t too many flavors I was interested in trying. I wonder if they mostly have ‘unique’ flavors… but sometimes I just want the classic flavors!

Also, if you have the app, you can play their little game weekly to get a free stamp. But I do find it takes 10+ minutes so I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

Hi Lynn – Yes! It’s in the next shopping center over from the 7-11. There’s a plaza over there but with a glance you can’t really tell there are restaurants over there, but there are a few! I read they also serve hot food in Ariana Produce so I want to try that out soon. I didn’t know Rita’s had an app or a card program. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip 🙂

3. I am not a fan of the fruity flavors, but TC loves it. The only exception is blueberry and pineapple, haha. I am happy when they have their chocolate chip or their mocha. My favorite combo is the gelati (custard with the Italian Ice). Looks like Rita’s will be all over the place soon. Hopefully the market for this will not crash and burn.

Hi CC – Yeah, I like the non-candy inspired flavors at least. I like strawberry stuff, too, but I don’t like the fruity stuff that much either. I haven’t tried the mocha! That would like it would be great with the custard. The first time I went to Rita’s we got gelati but they have to have an Italian Ice I want to eat to get that. They are opening up Rita’s very quickly, I hope it doesn’t crash on them either.

4. Kimberlee says:

Let the drooling begin! My sweet tooth is forever grateful for the plug here.

5. Lauren says:

Looking forward to when the Rita’s in Clairemont opens! WOOHOO! Custard, get in mah belly!