cucina basilico

Hahaha that picture of Jake with the osso bucco made me laugh out loud at my desk =P

2. Cool! A new place to try out! I have both the paper coupon and an online one to use for later. Yessss….

OMG that pork shank….

Hi CC – Oh! Then I probably have an online one for later, too! Yay, I really liked the pasta here and want to try more things! Maybe I’ll be brave an try a “crazy” flavored pasta next time.

3. That lamb shank looks intimidating haha. It’s like eek avert your eyes vegans ! Haha.

4. Darren says:

Yum. I thought there was some magic trick being played on me when I first looked at the osso bucco picture. Like sauce was being poured out of a portal on top of the meat. And then common sense kicked in. This is one of the only Italian places I can get Anh to come to with me. We love the tiramisu!

Hi Darren – Haha! Magic Osso Bucco! 🙂 We didn’t try the tiramisu because I was pretty sure Jake and T wouldn’t enjoy it, but I’d like to try it sometime!

5. Lynn says:

I love coupons! Did you find a lot of places to visit from the Entertainment Book? I seem to recall lots of fast food chains from one I had in the past… but I think there was a smaller section with casual/fancy restaurants too.

Is gnocchi best shared? I had eaten the version here when I asked you whether you got tired of gnocchi at solare. I probably need to try it at more places first though. I’m sure there’s one so awesome you can eat it all yourself… somewhere…

Hi Lynn – With my new 2015 Entertainment Book there’s a separate “fancy dining” book with lots of great restaurants in it plus a casual dining section. Those are the two I usually go through and I skip over the fast food portion most of the time. There’s a lot of places in there but I find there’s maybe too many in Oceanside, Vista or places I consider too far to drive. BUT I feel I’ve already gotten my money’s worth back in what I paid for the book as we have used it several times already. I do think gnocchi is best shared because it’s such a singular flavor and tends to be rich (especially with cheese/cream based sauces). But I still love it! I remember there was a gnocchi I loved from the Top of the World restaurant in Vegas (http://food.theplainjane.com/2012/07/09/top-of-the-world-at-stratosphere-las-vegas-nv/) that I think I could have eaten the whole thing by myself… 🙂

6. Lauren says:

LOL @ Jake with the shank bone!

Super Alfredo?!?! Uhhhmmm, sign me up! Alfredo by itself is amazing, but super alfredo…well now that’s just something that’s calling my name. That flourless chocolate almond torta makes me want to lick the computer screen. I will put this on my “to try” list!

Heehee, I love that photo of Jake, too. Cracks me up.

I know, the Super Alfredo was pretty good. Hello, roasted garlic! It’s a really cute spot and it’s not too far from you! You should check it out.