red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca

Haha – MY mom complains about food all the time too! It’s horrible (and defeating). I cannot remember the last time I went to RL – thought it was kinda cheapo seafood but the prices you posted aren’t cheap at all. WTH. I love how they have the red chips too (you so smart Red Lobster!). Did the red chips taste different (sometimes those red chips are made with red peppers or something?).

Did you get the soup or the lobster paradise thing for free (b/c of snafu)?

I love how you would have boxed those lobster shells to go . I thought it was only my family that would ask for something like that. Thanks for making me feel ‘normal’ 🙂

Ohhh, not just my mom then! She thinks everything tastes weird or not good or too salty or something. It is a little defeating! I think non-lobster items are a bit cheaper than these dishes, but they’re having “Lobster Feast” right now with all of these special lobster dishes. The red chips didn’t taste any different, they were just pretty. We got the soup for free. I think we didn’t take the shells home because we were too lazy to ask and thought we probably wouldn’t actually make stock anyway, haha.

2. Russell Desjean says:

Mary don’t forget if you goto the Red Lobster web page you can get a free appetizer with the purchase of two lobster dinners like I did.

3. I could go for some of those cheddar cheese biscuits right now…and a lobster tail too! How nice of your mom to treat you guys! : )

Hi CC – Yes, my momma was feeling generous that day! 🙂 I still love their cheddar biscuits. I wish you could just go in and order like half a dozen biscuits to go or something.

4. Janice D. says:

Congrats to your momma for her big win! Gosh, Red Lobster, brings back memories! My sis and I used to go all the time on Sundays for their lunch specials back in college. I really loved their shrimp linguine… aww, too bad that it was lacking this time around!

LOL,my mom criticizes restaurant food all the time! It’s SO hard convince her to go to a restaurant because she says she can make the same dishes at home. Then she’ll jokingly say that she’ll make it at home and charge us for the same amount, haha.

Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she says her taste buds are messed up now, haha. Funnny that you mom says she should charge you guys 🙂