Oh my goodness. It’s December. Where did the year go?! I don’t think I’m prepared for this whole Christmas thing yet, especially not when it’s been in the 70′s lately. Ahh, the glamorous life of a San Diegan.
To celebrate December, and to celebrate the start of the Christmas season, I am in the gift giving mood with a $50 gift card to Daphne’s California Greek Cafe (thanks to Daphne’s and their generous ways). I was also able to pick a local charity who received a $100 catering gift card on my behalf for the holiday season and I choose a local charity called Furry Foster.
I know of Furry Foster through my friend Lauren who’s friends with the founder of the organization. Furry Foster finds temporary foster homes for dogs and this is near and dear to my heart since I absolutely LOVE puppies. If you know me in real life, you know this quite well since I’ve been know to shout out “Puppy!” whenever I see a dog nearby. This is 100% true. Just ask Jake.
And of course, my little furball is my pride and joy and she makes me so happy – so why not share a little love with folks trying to enrich the lives of other homeless dogs? If I could adopt all of the puppies, I certainly would!
If you’re interested in a little bit of holiday love and need a little break from cooking one evening during the crazy Christmas season, please enter the contest below to win! One of my favorite items is the crispy shrimp pita (above) in case you need a little help deciding.
Disclaimer: The prize for this giveaway is sponsored by Daphne’s California Greek Cafe. I did not receive any further compensation for this post. All opinions voiced here are strictly my own.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she...
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....