I’ve been wanting to check out Bella Vista Social Club for awhile after I had read Jinxi’s post about it earlier this year. At the time it was too far away for me to go for lunch, but since our office move to mid-Miramar/Mira Mesa, it’s much closer and easier drive.
It’s right near the turn off for the Torrey Pines Glider Port and there’s a small sign out front indicating that there’s a restaurant nearby, otherwise you’d probably never know it was here. You can see a tiny bit of the ocean here. When I revisit, I’d like to take the food to go and then watch the hang gliders or at least check out the view over there!
This is inside. There are slats on the wall to the right which let in a lot of light and an ocean breeze. There are large open doors to make it a bit drafty and very airy. I loved it!
[bella vista panini with brie cheese, prosciutto di parma and fig jam / $9.70]
I zoned in on this sandwich just at the mention of “brie”. The more I think about it, the more I realize I lean heavily toward the softer cheeses and brie is definitely one of my favorites.
The combination of the brie with the delicious prosciutto di parma and touch of fig jam gave this sandwich a wonderful salty-sweet combination that I adored. The brie was perfect and just melted and the bread had a nice light crunch to it. The prosciutto gave the sandwich the right amount of balance between the flavors to off set the sweetness of the fig jam. If I could, I would marry this sandwich (iloveyou).
[croque monsieur with black forest ham and imported italian cheeses / $8.90]
This is David’s lunch – a Croque Monsieur. He described it as sort of an inside out sandwich since the cheese is grilled on the outside. Quite striking!
[il pavarotti with oven roasted turkey with cranberry jam and brie cheese / $8.60]
Jose ordered a sandwich kind of similar to mine except he got turkey and cranberry with his brie. I love the light grill marks.
Matt ordered a pasta dish and since I didn’t photograph the menu while we were there, I don’t know/remember what this is! I was surprised they even had pasta since it’s not listed online.
Everyone enjoyed their lunch and I especially loved mine (in case you couldn’t tell). The parking lot for Bella Vista Social Club is behind a pay lot, but you get validated at the restaurant. They are open in the evening for happy hour and appetizers which starts at 4PM. I’ll have to come back and check that out sometime!
Bella Vista Social Club & Caffé
2880 Torrey Pines Scenic Dr
La Jolla, CA 92037
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- ‘rita’s cantina @ harrah’s / valley center, ca
- [recipe] green bean salad + homemade bbq
- mr. peabody’s bar & grill / encinitas, ca
- supernatural sandwiches / miramar – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] taste of hillcrest coming up on april 19th, 2014 + win tickets!
- [recipe] easy one pot tomato basil pasta
- breakfast at wich addiction / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- [recipe] strawberry lime cheesecake bars
- college area taste / april 13th, 2014 + win tickets!
- babs (bao’s awesome burgers) / convoy – san diego, ca
- ‘rita’s cantina @ harrah’s / valley center, ca (2)
- [giveaway] taste of hillcrest coming up on april 19th, 2014 + win tickets! (10)
- [recipe] green bean salad + homemade bbq (4)
- Lemon Month at Souplantation – and a Giveaway! (31)
- Wendy: Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup sounds delicious! Thanks!
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- meandering eats
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats
- gastro bits