Edit: My anti-spam filter was broken! Sorry to anyone who wasn’t able to enter this weekend. I will extend the giveaway end date to 12PM tomorrow because of this error!
I personally haven’t been to any of the “Taste of XXX Neighborhood” events around town. I keep meaning to, but then things keep popping up and clashing with my lofty plans. This month you can get in on the action by heading Downtown for the “Taste of Downtown“, featuring 56 different restaurant offering up tastings to put into your belly!
Perhaps there will be some dessert there to sample?
Or some sushi?
Or bites of tenderloin?
You’ll have to go to find out! Here’s the press release with more details:
Give your kitchen the night off and head Downtown for the 12th Annual Taste of Downtown, taking place on Thursday, September 8th, 2011 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM! It’s another exciting year for this palate pleasing event, and the celebration includes some of the city’s most mouthwatering culinary delights. The neighborhoods of Downtown will showcase several of their acclaimed eateries, as well as introduce locations that are new to town. The Taste of Downtown allows your taste buds to explore the culinary diversity of our Downtown neighborhoods and restaurants, while experiencing the ambiance each district has to offer. A complimentary shuttle service will be available for you to take to and from each neighborhood which will also make several stops along the way for you to sample at participating restaurants!
The Taste of Downtown is continually expanding each year, with attendees sampling the freshest seafood, old-world Italian fare, decadent confections and classic American favorites. Below is a list of participating locations, with new restaurants being added daily:
You can purchase tickets in advance for $30 or get them at the door for $35. Or… you can try to win a pair here!
Even though I’m not going to this event, don’t let me stop you, dear readers, from enjoying this event in my stead! Thanks to the wonderful folks at McFarlane Promotions, I will giving away a pair of tickets to this year’s Taste of Downtown. It’s easy to enter and you can score additional entries to increase your chances of winning!
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post stating which
restaurant you’re most excited to try! (1 entry)
For additional entries, you can tweet about this post (include this URL: http://bit.ly/qfivM8).
Either include my handle, @kyten, or link to your tweet in the comments below. (1 entry)
You can also post about this giveaway on your Facebook for another entry -
(again, use http://bit.ly/qfivM8 in your post) honor system here since I can’t personally check these! (1 entry)
Please leave separate comments for each entry. You must post your comments by Tuesday, September 6th at Noon PST to qualify. Winners will be drawn on Tuesday, September 6th and will be notified on how to receive their tickets. Good luck and happy eating!
about this site
- the deliciousness of d bar / win a gift card to d bar
- cookies, silicone baking mats & you (win a baking mat!)
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- the deliciousness of d bar / win a gift card to d bar (18)
- Christina: Liked page
- Christina: Liked post on FB
- Christina: The buttermilk fried chicken, cheesy waffle “bread” with honey mustard and sweet potato fries just looks too good to pass up I’d...
- Soo: sicilian pistachio ice cream
- David: There are so many delicious things to choose from! If someone twisted my arm and forced me to only get a couple of things, I would probably choose the...
- stacey: I want those Crue Fries. I want them NOW!
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (5)
- stacey: Mushroom Souffle was soooo yummy!