I have fond memories of going to the Fosters Freeze in Spring Valley with my parents. I can remember the ride there from our house, through the side streets, before the 125 freeway ever existed. Sometimes on our home way from Kmart (or just a special trip out there), we’d stop by Fosters Freeze for some ice cream and this was my favorite thing to get:
A chocolate dipped cone! And this is the small cone, my friends. The large is SUPER TALL. I had enough trouble as it was eating this one quickly enough before it broke through the shell.
I did manage to break through before a major meltdown.
The Spring Valley location is still there! I went to their other location in Allied Gardens to obtain this cone though. It’s just not the same when you get it from the El Pollo Loco/Fosters Freeze. They skimp on the soft serve there. Boo.
Jake and I enjoyed treats there last weekend when it was SUPER DUPER HOT. A nice adieu to the summer and a fun little revisit to my past.
What was your favorite cooling off treat this summer?
about this site
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt (3)
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (12)