I have fond memories of going to the Fosters Freeze in Spring Valley with my parents. I can remember the ride there from our house, through the side streets, before the 125 freeway ever existed. Sometimes on our home way from Kmart (or just a special trip out there), we’d stop by Fosters Freeze for some ice cream and this was my favorite thing to get:
A chocolate dipped cone! And this is the small cone, my friends. The large is SUPER TALL. I had enough trouble as it was eating this one quickly enough before it broke through the shell.
I did manage to break through before a major meltdown.
The Spring Valley location is still there! I went to their other location in Allied Gardens to obtain this cone though. It’s just not the same when you get it from the El Pollo Loco/Fosters Freeze. They skimp on the soft serve there. Boo.
Jake and I enjoyed treats there last weekend when it was SUPER DUPER HOT. A nice adieu to the summer and a fun little revisit to my past.
What was your favorite cooling off treat this summer?
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (4)
- mary: I always wondered why that called that one “men’” haha. Seemed so odd! I’m not a big dark chocolate fan so I’ve never...
- caninecologne: My favorite pocky flavor besides the original is the “Men’s” pocky. it’s covered in dark and slightly bitter...
- mary: The Matcha Pocky was on sale at Mitsuwa yesterday for $1.49 a box. The prices there ranged from $1.49 to $2.39 a box, depending on which flavor you...
- Faye: My sis and I grew up on Pocky too. We adored it (just the regular ones dipped in chocolate). I’ve wanted to try the Matcha Pocky but it’s...
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...