san diego chicken pie shop / north park – san diego, ca

1. Darlene says:

I love the Chicken Pie Shop and haven’t gone there in years! They sure have increased their prices. I remember the whole chicken pie dinner going for around $5 but it’s still a great deal at $7.

When I was looking up some information about the chicken pie shop I found some prices that listed the pie dinner at under $5 (like $4.85 or something) and that was just a few years ago!

Man – I haven’t been to the Chicken Pie Shop in ages! But now I want to go again, mainly because I like getting pie with my dinner. Usually, we go to Chicken Pie Diner in Poway for our pot pie fix, but it’s nowhere near the bargain!

I’m sad Jake missed out on his pie! Tell him there’s no shame in “changing your mind” about dessert after it arrives. Sometimes, I’ve gotten dessert to go, but then I end up eating it out of the takeout box at the table because I couldn’t resist. Jake could do that, and then he wouldn’t have to admit he was confused about dessert.

3. i’ve been wanting to check this place out…my daughter would probably like the cafeteria style setting. i would totally eat that crust! forget about the rest of the chicken pot pie (or the dessert pie filling)! Crust all the way! haha.

so when you and jake were there, you probably lowered the average age of the patrons to about 50. ok, sorry, that was mean.

4. mary says:

Hey Leanne – I’ve been to the Chicken Pie Diner in Poway many times! I’ve meant to go there and sit outside with my dog, too, but just never have. I haven’t been there in ages. Hopefully Jake will see the light and not refuse dessert in the future. He knows now that you get dessert when we go here so he doesn’t refuse it anymore!

Hi CC! You should go, it’s cheap and it’s tasty! And hahah, yes, we were the “young whippersnappers” when we were there.

5. Jenny says:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing or else I would of never known about this place. You know a place is pretty awesome if they include dessert with the entree price. I love them already. I’m for sure going to order the lemon pie. Yum, can’t wait πŸ˜€

Hmm… I see a dog-friendly food crawl in the making. We never take our dogs on our errand-running trips, so we don’t really get to eat with them at dog-friendly patios. But it would be fun!

ps – if anyone ever needs to borrow a dog, I’ve got extras!

I’ve taken Maya out to a few places, but haven’t lately. I’ve been hoping she mellows out with age, but she still gets pretty excited for car rides.

7. Elle says:

Wow… Everything looks delicious! Did not know a place like this existed in San Diego!

8. Steph F says:

Thanks for sharing! The boy loves pie (obviously, I do as well, just not as much as he does) and this is SO close to our apartment that it would be a shame not to go.

9. Michelle says:

The Chicken Pie Shop is like that elementary school cafateria lunch that you remember loving as a kid. You know it’s not amazing…it’s more nostalgic than anything. Plus, their dinnerware is too good to change. I like that when I walk in that place, I know that the dinnerware, chairs, wallpaper and most of the staff have been there for 60 years.

Cheers to the Chicken Pie Shop for bringing me back to 4th grade…nothing but smiles here.

10. Debbie says:

Actually they haven’t been there for 60 years……they moved there from I think it was Hillcrest.

11. Tanya says:

i remember the original location before this one! and actually their pies are made with a chicken and turkey mixture. i loved the pictures, made me homesick. found you while trying to find a recipe for chicken pie shop. someone should crack that for us transplants πŸ™‚

Hi Tanya – I never thought to try and remake their recipe since I can just go there, but that is a good idea! My boyfriend remembers the old location, but I don’t remember it. Maybe you can come back for a visit! πŸ™‚

12. amy says:

Tanya! Did you find a recipe? I found this page on the same search you were on and it’s making me hungry and homesick for San Diego.