Fiji Yogurt is one of the many plethora of yogurt shops that have popped up all over San Diego in the last few years. I think there might almost be as many yogurt shops here as there are Dunkin Donuts in Boston…. hmm. Well, maybe.
The reason for the visit to this particular chain is thanks to a stellar Groupon deal. Groupon has helped me discover many a great restaurant, so my hats off to you, Groupon. This coupon let me treat myself, Jake and the kids to an afternoon of luscious yogurt bliss (and I still have some leftover for another visit!).
Fiji Yogurt had a ton of yogurt flavors available that day, plus little cups available so you can sample the yogurt before filling up a cup or cone. If you get a waffle cone, it’ll cost you $3.50 flat – otherwise, getting a cup you pay by the ounce. The have a ton of different toppings – cereal, nuts, fruits, candies, cheesecake and more. I tried to get what I could into my cone, combing chocolate and peanut butter related flavors since c&pb is my absolute favorite ice cream flavor ever.
My concoction is on the right – smooth and creamy with peanut butter and chocolate delights. It’s hard to believe the yogurt itself is fat-free – of course, it doesn’t stay fat-free with some of the topping choices, but you can be quite good and just go for all fruit. I got vanilla, chocolate topped off with Reese’s peanut butter cups, nuts, and peanut butter chips. This is a great place for the kids, too, since they get to pick their toppings and create their own. The cones were a good way to go with the flat price since the kids really loaded up their cones as much as they could!
All in all, not a bad little shop. Fiji Yogurt has 4 different locations in San Diego to fill up your sweet tooth cravings.
10450 Friars Road
San Diego, CA
Open Daily – 11A-11P
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (5)
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)