Fiji Yogurt is one of the many plethora of yogurt shops that have popped up all over San Diego in the last few years. I think there might almost be as many yogurt shops here as there are Dunkin Donuts in Boston…. hmm. Well, maybe.
The reason for the visit to this particular chain is thanks to a stellar Groupon deal. Groupon has helped me discover many a great restaurant, so my hats off to you, Groupon. This coupon let me treat myself, Jake and the kids to an afternoon of luscious yogurt bliss (and I still have some leftover for another visit!).
Fiji Yogurt had a ton of yogurt flavors available that day, plus little cups available so you can sample the yogurt before filling up a cup or cone. If you get a waffle cone, it’ll cost you $3.50 flat – otherwise, getting a cup you pay by the ounce. The have a ton of different toppings – cereal, nuts, fruits, candies, cheesecake and more. I tried to get what I could into my cone, combing chocolate and peanut butter related flavors since c&pb is my absolute favorite ice cream flavor ever.
My concoction is on the right – smooth and creamy with peanut butter and chocolate delights. It’s hard to believe the yogurt itself is fat-free – of course, it doesn’t stay fat-free with some of the topping choices, but you can be quite good and just go for all fruit. I got vanilla, chocolate topped off with Reese’s peanut butter cups, nuts, and peanut butter chips. This is a great place for the kids, too, since they get to pick their toppings and create their own. The cones were a good way to go with the flat price since the kids really loaded up their cones as much as they could!
All in all, not a bad little shop. Fiji Yogurt has 4 different locations in San Diego to fill up your sweet tooth cravings.
10450 Friars Road
San Diego, CA
Open Daily – 11A-11P
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...
- Faye: That mushroom salt is a killer idea! I love it. I’ve seen their dried mushroom section in the Del Mar location but it was soooo expensive. I...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...