jeong won korean bbq buffet / kearny mesa – san diego, ca

Jeong Won is pretty much my favorite AYCE korean bbq place, mostly because you can pick what you want (and how much you want) AND they have soft serve ice cream. Sometimes I just want one piece of squid to grill, so I like that I can get one piece and not have to order a whole plate if no one else is going to eat it.

It’s been so long since I’ve had korean bbq… now I’m craving it!

Hi Leanne – I thought this was a good place for us to try it out! We were pretty much left to ourselves after a basic explanation and it was easy to figure it out and just get what each of us wanted, which I really liked. We’ll have to try another one just to compare and see the difference. Plus I got to have my seafood, yay!

Oh that’s great you were finally able to try an AYCE KBBQ. I like this place too but mostly b/c they let you self serve the amount of proteins/veggies/etc. I didn’t see any frog legs or beef intestines on your plates. What’s up with that. J/k! I avoid those items too. And I love your line about the ‘gross’ amount of leftovers line. Gross is such an underrated word. I must use it ten times a day.

Hi Faye – Yes, I like the self-serve approach. Now it seems weird to me that other places bring you the stuff! They didn’t have any frog legs or anything really weird so I think I got off the hook! heh heh. PS – Gross, gross, gross. 😀

Ooh I really want to try this place for AYCE! It sounds like you & Jake had a good time 😀 It’s nice that they gave you guys a free appetizer!

Hi Jinxi – I liked this place, it wasn’t too intimidating for a first-timer! I liked the appetizer, too, it was pretty yummy. Hope you get to check it out!

4. Yay! AYCE Korean BBQ rules! We went for Bert’s bday last fall and liked it. I didn’t take a lot of photos because it was dark too. I grilled one frog leg and that was enough for me, haha. Our favorite cuts were the ribeye and the porkbelly. My sis and I were going to try Roadem bbq today (also AYCE) but ended up going somwhere else (not Korean) and regretted our decision.

Hi CC – Yes we had fun! I really liked the pork belly and the bacon. I don’t remember which of the beef I liked best… I think the brisket (the long, thin one) was the one I liked the best. I didn’t take enough notes. Too busy grilling 🙂 Interested to read/hear about your 2nd choice place that you & your sis ended up at!

5. Truely says:

Taegukgi is over price. They don’t explain much between 21.99 and 25.99. Sorry, it is my first and last. I will explain to all my friends. word of mount is louder than thunder.