restaurant week preview at monello in little italy

Dang you Mary. I usually don’t have a hard time saying no to carbs in the mornings but your post makes me want to try this restaurant for breakfast right now! That pizza looks amazing – especially the blistering crust! And those pillowly pasta thingies – me wants.

I’ve never understood bitters or vermouth in drinks. That’s daring you tried the vermouth straight up like that.

That shaved cheese looked like shaved butter. Me wants.

I’m hesitant to try out RW again b/c the food always seems to suffer b/c of the mass crowds the restaurants end up serving. What are your thoughts on that?

But Faye… carbs loooooooooove you. 😀

The vermouth had a lot of other flavors going on so it wasn’t terrible, actually! Fun to try at least.

For the busy restaurants during RW… I’d say try going on one of the slower days and going early or late to avoid the crazy ass rush times. If a restaurant really cares about their food and customers they will do it right for RW no matter what! At least, that’s what I THINK they should do. Some places (to me) taste better when they’re always churning out the food.

2. We went here for happy hour once and you free appetizers with any drink! We tried that cheese and really liked it but I think we had it on pizza.

That caramello pasta, I know you said it was super rich, but OMG looks amazinggggg.

Yes, they have a cool happy hour here! The pasta was amazing but good lord… it was so rich. But also sooooo good. Just also eat it with something else, maybe? 😀

3. Mario Daniels says:

Sound amazing! I’m pretty sure this one is a definitely on my #sdrw list!

4. It’s kinda weird that their dinner menu is $35 though. I thought that the dinner prices during restaurant week were $20, $30, $40 or $50 (though multiple places have “add ons” after base price). From the website’s main list, it shows as $30 which is what I’d come in expecting!

The polenta dish looks the most appetizing to me. I haven’t had it in quite a while!

Hmm that is weird! Last restaurant week the prices were 25, 35 and 45 for dinner, maybe that’s why? I didn’t notice they changed it to have a 50 dollar option.

5. I probably won’t do Restaurant Week at all, but I’d definitely come here with Bert in the future. 🙂

Hi CC – Also for happy hour they have free mini chef’s choice appetizers if you can swing that sometime. I’ve been wanting to go again to check out their brunch menu. This was supposed to be the last stop for a cheese crawl I did awhile back but everyone got full. Too bad!