apple picking in julian + apple pie crumb bars

1. Kirbie says:

I’m so sad that apple season was so short this year and so many of the orchards suffered. I was researching it two weeks ago when we thought about going, but we ended up not making the trip. We will need to make a trip soon though for apple pies.

Hi Kirbie – I was surprised to see so many of the orchards suffered this year. We went later in the year last year (mid October). Not sure how much longer that last orchard will be open but hopefully next season it will be better (better start doing some rain dances!).

2. Maya is always smiling in pictures!!! I don’t know what it is about her but I love it haha.

I’ve always wanted to go apple picking! I love that they have different types of apples too. And I would definitely add ice cream to that apple crumble 🙂

Hi J.S. – She is a very smily dog haha. She’s super friendly, too, she loves meeting new people! Apple picking is fun but then you think “what am I going to do with all of these apples?!”. Luckily my friend and I share the bag. I wanted to do pears because we have an apple tree in our yard, but at least the Julian apples are a different variety.

I really wanted to go apple picking this year, but we were out of town so many weekends in September that the orchards were closed by the time we were available to go. Sprouts usually has an apple extravaganza with dozens of varieties of apples on sale. I may have to stock up on apples there. Hopefully next year is better for the orchards and we’ll actually get up there in time!

Hi Leanne – I always forget that the apple season really starts in September, not October! I like trying to different varieties of apples, might have to check that out, too, and practice some desserts for Thanksgiving.

I still haven’t been to Julian yet! It’s on my to-do list for this year =) Maya looks like such a model with her windblown look!

Hi Jinxi – I love Julian! Especially in the winter! Sometimes if you’re lucky you’ll see a little bit of snow and it’s a reason to really wear a scarf, haha. Maya should be a model! 😀

5. CielBelle says:

Looks so much fun! I still want to go to Julian

Hi CielBelle – Julian is such a fun little town for a getaway. It’s nice to walk around town and grab some apple pie. I prefer bringing my own lunch now since we have had some less than stellar lunches there, but the apple pie is always great! Hope you get to visit sometime!

6. Bummer that apple picking season is done. I missed the boat on thus one again.

Hi CC – The season was over too quickly! Usually I’d forget about apple picking, too, but luckily my friend reminded me about it. There’s always next year!