sea180 coastal tavern / imperial beach

Oooh that flatbread looks yummy – and it looks porky to me, too! The date night deal looks great! I’ll have to drag – ahem, bring – S here sometime, hehe.

Hi Jinxi – I think it’s porky! They don’t have this on their regular menu and I didn’t remember to write it down. Oh well. Yes, you must politely tell him that you have to eat here, hehe!

2. Cathy says:

What a nice meal. After seeing both your and cc’s posts, we will make more of an effort to stop here.

Hi Cathy – It was a very nice meal and the date night special made it even better. It was a nice way to try a few of their offerings. I really enjoyed it.

3. Awww I can imagine little Mary from way back when lol. Those lifetime friendships are precious.

I love mussels. Love dipping in toasted bread in the broth. Yum! I can’t really see that well on this screen, but is that bull’s blood on your flat bread? Do you actually eat that or take it off? It has no taste but makes things Purdy. It’s been something I used a lot, but once it leaves the kitchen, I wonder if most people take it off. I would assume that they do. I usually do. My former boss used to put that thing on EVERYTHING (savory)! It’s pretty pricy too.

Hi Miss Kim – Yes, they are precious! πŸ™‚

I had to look up what bull’s blood is! But from looking at other photos of it, it sure does look like bull’s blood (what a weird name). We actually ate it, I didn’t know what it was. I figured if they put it on my flatbread they meant me to eat it. I don’t remember it having a particular taste or flavor either.

4. The only way to make goat cheese even better is to fry it!! Everything at this place looks quite good, I think they had a Yelp event there I wanted to go to once but forgot to RSVP for. Fancy-ish but still yummy food πŸ™‚

Hi J.S. – Yessss, fry the cheese and then give it to me! I lubs it! They did have a Yelp event, I remember Faye went to it and it made me curious about this place again (I think that was over the summer).

I like how you tried the carrot outta curiosity. Like it’s a live cricket or insect or something. Dumb carrots.

It’s funny b/c I can’t handle mussels either. Is there a particular reason your friend can’t eat them as well? I love clams and oysters but can’t stomach the taste of mussels.

My friend and I would totally work the free bday dessert too πŸ™‚ It’s cool you guys had a chance to meet up and have a nice meal.

Hi Faye! Well… I knew it was a PICKLED carrot. So that makes it different and stuff πŸ™‚
      I don’t think my friend likes the texture. She said she tried a clam once and spit it out and was afraid the same thing would happen with the mussels (it didn’t). Free birthday dessert is fabulous. I hope magically free desserts appear for my birthday.

6. What a great post especially since you spent In the company of a dear friend. Yes, IB has certainly changed a lot!

I liked seeing that special menu. Maybe Bert and I can go there to try it out. Most of the choices are things I would like except for goat cheese. That’s great you got a comped dessert too. Ha ha, we saw that PAZ y Amor design on the fence just a few days ago….

Hi CC – Yes, IB has changed a lot, especially that area down by the beach. They also had the Restaurant Week menu available but the Date Night special was better since we shared everything and still managed to have leftovers. I got a kick out of that “paz y amor” sign, especially when I saw it was just colored rags. Very cool.