borrego springs road trip – part one

1. Ciel Belle says:

How fun! I still have not been to Julian Pie (but ive had their pies before). Its so amazing that they are just a drive away from the city!

Hi Ciel – Yeah! It’s fun that here in San Diego the desert, the mountains and the beach are all just a short drive away no matter where you live in the city. There are so many landscapes and places to visit just in our own backyard! I loved Julian Pie Company’s pies but I also really like Mom’s Pies.

2. Dutch apple crumb sounds good right now…

We have never gone apple picking before. It sounds like fun, but a lot of hard work too, haha.

Love the Mexican textiles on your beds!

Hi CC! It’s not too bad, work wise. The trees are mostly low enough that they’re easy to pick and I just make Jake reach all the high apples. I’ll do a post about it soon!

3. Cathy says:

The chicken pie is excellent; mostly chicken. Mentioned at the bottom photo of this post-

It looks like you have had a great start to Autumn! There is so much going on this weekend- Oktoberfests, Blue Angels, Night Market and also Apple Days in Julian…

Hi Cathy – Thanks for the link! I was curious about the pie but didn’t have a way to store it. I should have gone one on our second trip but we are already thinking of going again when it’s cooler. I’ll be sure to try it then. October is always a busy month for us since it’s a very birthday heavy month!

4. Lauren says:

Mmmmmmmmmmm, crumb topping….I am drooling at those pies! yum! Chicken Dinner Pie? What is this madness?! What a cute looking hotel and a cozy lobby, I’d love to go out there and stay for a day! You and Jake are so cute!

Hi Lauren – Chicken dinner pie, I know, right?! I gotta get one the next time we go. Hopefully it’ll actually cold sometime soon… 🙂 The hotel was really cool, I loved the look of it and I loved how small and quiet the town was. And also – thank you! 😀