foodie finds (part 2)

Maya is such a happy pup!

Someone once brought me an Idaho Spud and it kind of made me sad because I didn’t enjoy it, but I felt like I had to eat it all since it was a happily-delivered gift.

She is! She’s always a happy girl. She always makes me laugh. πŸ™‚

I thought the Idaho Spud would be more magical than it was. I just didn’t really like anything about it. Except the name. And that it looked like a candy potato.

2. Maya is so adorable!!!!!!!!! So cute!!!!

I was curious after seeing Darlene’s post and found those cold brew coffes at Effin Easy. I got 4 of them, one of each flavor, including the salted caramel. Haven’t tried them yet. Will do so this weekend. If I have coffee on a weekday after 12 noon, i won’t be able to sleep.

I saw that F&E had those old time candies too. I was always curious about the Idaho Spud but never bought it. The chocolate compound ingredient doesn’t sound good though, like it’s not real chocolate or something.

It’s time for another visit to Donut Panic! πŸ™‚

Hi CC – Thank you! She is pretty cute πŸ™‚ I’ll have to get the salted caramel one next week and try it. I hope it’s good! Wondering what you will think of it! I’m glad I tried the Idaho Spud but it’s not something I’ll ever want again. The innards were too melty and soft for me. The “compound chocolate” wasn’t too awful, but not to great either. Oh well! Visiting Donut Panic is always a good idea, haha. πŸ™‚

3. Lauren says:

Maya is SO cute! GAH, I love you pictures of her! πŸ™‚

Fresh N Easy, you say….very interesting…I need, NEED to try those coffees. I just have to find the motivation to get there, hahaha!

The Chobani with oats sounds delish, but too sweet is no good. That’s the reason I love Chobani and greek yogurt, it’s not as sweet as regular yogurt. Those chips looks good, too, Firehouse Subs is another place I’ve been wanting to try. And the Donut Panic. And Kirbie’s cookbook. Your mugs cakes, mmmmm… πŸ™‚

Hi Lauren – Thanks! Maya is super cute and she’s such a happy dog πŸ™‚

I would probably never go to Fresh n Easy if it wasn’t near my work. Jake used to work there but now he doesn’t, so we go there a lot less. But since it’s the closest grocery store to work, I end up popping in there for water and snacks.

You’ve got a lot on your list to try, heehee. I always have a lot of things to try, too!

Please tell us how you make the cheese sauce. I’ve been craving cheese sauce since Gyu for some reason.

I like your nail polish color and I think Maya’s teeth look very white and pretty.

That’s all I can think about right now.

Oh, and that Idaho spud thing is weird Mary πŸ™ It looks purple-y in the center. What’s up with that.

And vegan donuts – man – ok, if you vouch for ’em I might just try ’em. You can’t re heat these things right?

My cheese sauce didn’t turn out fabulous actually. It was too thin! I have to try making it again πŸ™

Oh! I did more to my nails after that photo, I added little blue dots on them because I thought my nails looked “too boring”. You can see the update here, if you’re interested: http://instagram.com/p/tLDdtToTI8/

Yeah… the Idaho spud thing WAS weird. But it didn’t say anywhere on it that it was weird-o filling with fakey chocolate. I didn’t know until Wikipedia told me. Boo.

YES. Try a vegan donut. But in the morning. Right away. That’s the best time. Trust me.