san diego burger week roundup

You burger freak! I wanted so badly to do a burger like each day this week. I’m so jealous of you ๐Ÿ™

I about spit out my coffee when I saw the last burger! Like OMG Holy shmokes

• Faye says:

Alright, that was a first. I meant to click on the Skype button to finish convo w/ sis when I hit the ‘submit’ button here instead.

I’ve never seen a burger stacked that high and was curious how they got it to table without it tipping over. Made more sense that you put it together – I loves! Too bad the burger wasn’t good though.

I went to Crazee years ago and found their burgers to be ‘meh’. Not sure what all the hype was all about but I think their popularity has died down? Was it busy when you were there? It was pretty empty the last time I visited them.

Are you going to try out any more burgers before Sunday?!

Hi Faye! Burger freak! Ahhh! That’s what I thought people would think, not that I really care. I only ate like half of all of those burgers. I hope no one thinks I really ate THAT much, haha. Yeah, the last burger is pretty dramatic looking but it wasn’t that awesome tasting. Boo. When we went to Crazee is was pretty packed (it was last Saturday evening) so they were pretty busy. I don’t know if we’ll try anymore… I’m kind of burger’d out! But maybe… the sausage burger at Salt & Cleaver might be non-burger enough for me to want to go.

2. Jenn says:

Oh man i love this post!!

3. Jenn says:

Thanks for sharing! I have the carnitas snack shake burger on my list. Gotta get on that!

Thanks, Jenn! I saw a couple of posts from Kirbie and Jinxi about the Carnitas Snack Shack burger – it looks really good, especially for $5! ๐Ÿ™‚

I am truly in awe of your burger-hopping prowess. And now I really want a burger.

Wow, great job! I can’t believe you hit so many places – after two days in a row of burgers, I was DONE. Haha. (Although I *might* just go for one more over the weekend. Might.) Terra American Bistro has never been on my radar, but it sounds super yummy ๐Ÿ˜€

6. Kirbie says:

Nice round-up! There’s so many places I wanted to try. Now I only have the weekend left to hit a few more.

7. Darlene says:

I just went to Terra today but I found our burger a little over cooked. Good to know about the butter — it was satisfyingly juicy. Too bad about High Dive, looks great but taste didn’t reflect it.

Hi Darlene – yeah, I was disappointed with the High Dive burger. Looks only get you so far! Bummer your Terra burger was a little overdone, it was my favorite of the bunch!

8. Janice D. says:

Awesome round up, Mary! There are so many places I still want to try… OMG especially that chorizo burger! A couple more days so we may go on Sunday! Bunz Burger Joint was pretty good — Terra’s sister restaurant! ๐Ÿ™‚ Great post!

Hi Janice! Thank you! Our waiter told us Bunz was their sister restaurant. We went there once awhile ago and had terrible service so aren’t inclined to go again. Oh well. Maybe next burger week we’ll have gotten over it ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you make the most of the weekend!

9. Holy $#%@! You are an awesome trooper! Great roundup of burger week! I liked seeing all of the different burgers you tried. I’ve never seen the 50/50 place at Point Loma Beach Cafe. Must try that in the future or at least next year for Burger Week. Hmmm, sensory overload at High Dive! I still haven’t tried Terra at their “new” (not really new anymore, I know) location yet. Have heard good things about Terra.

Hi CC – We tried to do a nice variety for burger week so we wouldn’t get too burnt out! It’s nice that there’s enough restaurants and variety that you can try different items for the whole week. I also like that burger week included two weekends! I’ve been to Terra twice now, good stuff both times.