revisit to takhrai thai / poway – san diego, ca

I feel like every time I visit Takhrai Thai, they’re under new management. We used to love their beef dishes, then the beef got mushy, dry, and chewy so we stopped ordering anything with beef. But, the last time we went, the beef was good again. It’s very confusing. But they’re close and I like the noodle dishes, so we keep playing Thai-food-roulette.

I’ve never tried those shrimp twists before. Maybe next time!

Hi Leanne – Oh, that could explain why my dad didn’t like any of the beef dishes that he tried before. It must be good again since we both enjoyed both of the beef dishes we tried. The shrimp twists were pretty fun, I’m not in love with them enough to order every time, but they were a fun change.

2. Darlene says:

Impressive shrimp twists. I think I’ve only had something like that once before and you’re right about it needing a sauce. Lucky dad and lucky you for the grilled rib eye steak! Yum.

I’ve never heard of this place. What was the coupon your dad had? The beef salad looks so good! Did they ask you how spicy you want it or is there no option to do so?

I’ve never ordered rib eye from a Thai restaurant before. The peanut sauce looks a bit scary to me. That’s nice that they were able to prepare it that beautiful med rare.

That’s awesome your dad let you choose all the items 🙂

Hi Faye – My dad answered below but I’ll tell you again! It was a $20 for $40 worth of food, groupon or livingsocial or UTdeals one of those deal sites, I don’t remember which one. They did ask us the level of spiciness, but I asked them to make it mild for me (like a tiny, hint spicy). So you can make it spicy if you want! The peanut sauce was really delicious, I know it might look like an odd color but it was really good.

4. Russell Desjean says:

We used a Groupon for 40 Dollars (paid 20), excellent coupon and enuf to feed 2 generously.
    I don’t remember them changing ownership, been going for a couple of years now.

I enjoyed all the Thai goodies, salad was extremely tasty and the steak was excellent, don’t be afraid of the peanut sauce its not like eating peanut butter at all.

Glad Mary chose the meal, I was very surprised and happy with her choices.

5. Interesting shrimp twists, although they seemed awkward to eat. I like how your dad let you pick everything. Very trusting! 🙂

Hi CC – They were kind of awkward to eat and I didn’t taste the shrimp at first because there was so much noodle, but I still liked them. I don’t think I would crave them, but they were definitely a fun, new thing to try. 🙂