social life pizza / college – san diego, ca

1. Darlene says:

Wow… everything looks good. I’m so excited when I see a new restaurant pop up in the College area. I can’t wait to check them out and have a salad pizza.

It was all really good and very fresh. We really enjoyed it! I’ve been wanting to back for a second visit! They also have a cannoli dessert pizza that sound interesting.

2. Ooh, so cool! This reminds me of Project PIe – they have that assembly line thing going on then they fire up the pizzas in front of you. It’s pretty quick. I think Project PIe’s pizza crust is thinner than this, judging from the photos. I totally want to try this place! I like that there’s a flat rate for the pizzas too (for the most part).

Ooh, I still haven’t been to Project Pie. I think I inherently avoid Hillcrest but I’ve really been meaning to check it out. I like the assembly line thing so you can see how they do it. I like the flat rate, too. Not that I like a ton of toppings, but I always hate having to pay like $1+ for toppings.

3. sabas says:

that is freaking insane, what an interesting concept to a pizza. i could do whatever i want to a pizza and no one would look at me crazy. i will take a goat cheese anchovy and spinach. i like the way that sounds.

Hi! Wow all the food looks so good. Have you tried Urban Pi in Del Mar – it’s almost the same concept and I thought their pizzas were pretty good too.

Salad on a pizza?!! What??!! It’s nice that the crust didn’t look too soggy under that salad.

I’m a big churro FREAK so anything with cinnamon and sugar about makes me crazy happy. Was it the same crust they use for their pizzas?

I have not been to Urban Pi! Why do so many restaurants in San Diego use “Urban” in the name? haha! The crust for the pizza, the salad and the dessert pizzas are all the same crust – nice, crispy, slightly charred bottom! If you’re a cinnamon freak, I think you’ll like their cinnamon pizza! It was so so so good.

5. cynthia says:

I was going to also say this is like Project Pie, which I love! When my son was born in May he spent 6 weeks in the NICU at Mercy in Hillcrest,so I had a lot of time to wander the neighborhood and try some of the restaurants. It’s a really cool place, and lots of good eats!