Crackers! More specifically, these are Milton’s Crackers from the same folks who run Milton’s Deli in Del Mar. I’d already tried the savory crackers on my own so when I was offered the chance to try their new line of sweet crackers, I was pretty excited.
The new sweet line of crackers has five different flavors available for crunching and munching on. Let’s look at ‘em all, yes?
These are the Blueberry Multi-Grain crackers. You can see bits of the blueberry in some of the crackers. These are distinctly sweet – there’s no denying the sweetness baked into these suckers. The taste of it reminded me very much of blueberry muffins, but in a small, more portable crunchy snack form. I loved the flavor of these and this was one of my favorites of the bunch.
The Honey & Corn crackers reminded me a bit of their Cornbread flavor – a very similar flavor profile. It has the sweetness and flavor of sweet corn bread with just a hint of salt. The Cornbread flavor is one of my favorites of their savory line so it wasn’t a surprise to me in any way that I really liked this one, too.
The Original Multi-Grain actually turned out to my favorite, the one I kept reaching for again and again. I loved the variety of textures and add-ins in this cracker. You’d get a little bit of sesame or poppy seed to mix things up a bit, with just a touch of sweetness, and the satisfying flavor of salt in the end. I liked mixing up a bag of the blueberry and these together to go from sweet to more savory.
The Honey Multi-Grain was similar to the Honey and Corn, but without any of the flavor of the corn. These are more like graham crackers than anything else.
The Chocolate Multi-Grain crackers seemed good in theory, but turned out to be my least favorite. There was a weird, powdery artificial taste to these that I simply did not enjoy. The chocolate flavor was merely a hint and kind of gave me a strange aftertaste. Oh well, I think 4 for 5 is pretty darn good if you ask me.
These crackers are also Maya approved! Here she is about to munch on a Honey and Corn cracker.
Win a Prize Pack of Milton’s Sweet Crackers
Milton’s Crackers is offering a prize pack of their entire line of sweet crackers to one lucky reader! Simply comment below and let me know which of the new sweet cracker’s you’d most like to try and you’re entered to win!
If you’d like to gain additional entries, then you can like or share this post on Facebook.
For one more entry, send out a Tweet about this giveaway: “I need some sweet, sweet crackers in my life. Enter to win a prize pack at http://bit.ly/15I6tz9 @miltonsbaking @kyten”.
One winner will be picked via random.org. Only valid for US residents. Please leave a separate comment for each entry. Contest ends on Friday, September 13th, 2013 at 8PM PST. Good luck!
Disclaimer: I received complimentary boxes of Milton’s Crackers for sampling. I was not further compensated for this review and all opinions listed here are my own. Prize pack is sponsored by Milton’s Crackers on behalf of Nuffer Smith Tucker PR.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....
- mary: Hahah, I love your comment Jinxi, hoping you run out of gas in the area. I haven’t seen a s’mores cookie or pumpkin pie cookie like these...
- Faye: Free cookie w/ a fill up?! WTF. Why can’t they do that at other gas stations. I love how you give such a comprehensive review on each cookie....
- Jinxi: Wow! That marshmallow swirl looks really yummy (I love goopy melty marshmallow, haha) Hopefully next time I’m in the area, I also happen to...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (4)
- mary: I always wondered why that called that one “men’” haha. Seemed so odd! I’m not a big dark chocolate fan so I’ve never...