meatball cucina / downtown – san diego, ca

YUMBALLS??!!!! HAHAHAH!!! Patent that yo !! I was laughing so hard when I read that.

What restaurant used to be here? I can’t remember right now.

I love the presentation of the meatballs though!

2. Too bad about the texture of the meatballs. I agree, there should be something to differentiate them, otherwise, the only thing different is the sauce they dump on it.

Good to know about the free parking after 5 pm.

Yumballz. 🙂 OMG, garlic donuts! i saw the “deconstructed” cannoli on darlene’s post. Now that is just plain lazy. They should just call it a smashed cannoli because that’s what it is.

Hi CC – Yeah, I wish they had more going on – oh well! The free parking is excellent since it’s right next to the restaurant and you don’t have to go wandering around looking for parking. That cannoli should just be called smooshed or something haha.

3. stacey says:

I can vouch that those garlic donuts were 100% worthy of new word creation. I’m still having dreams of those damn things. I need them in my life. Every day. Until I am unable to walk through normal sized doors.

Really, I think I completely agree with your analysis of everything. The pasta was completely delicious, both desserts were amazing (fantastic cannoli, just super incorrectly named). Most of the meatballs weren’t bad flavor wise, just mushy. Most of the sauces were quite tasty.

Now, stop taking my picture and start feeing me garlic donuts!

I’m pretty sure we need to try and make though garlic donuts at home. Maybe when we do our cupcake experimenting! Need more garlic donuts, STAT.

4. Lauren says:

I think “yumballz” is the spelling used in the Oxford English Dictionary.

😀

Man, those garlic donuts looked good!!!

5. Man and Van says:

I love the look of the spinach salad. I am a greens person and i grow my greens too 🙂