Let’s say you made a smoked pork butt. What on earth do you do with the leftovers? You could make pork sandwiches until you’re blue in the face, but what fun is that? You know what you should do? You should make taquitos. Homemade taquitos with smoked pork! Whaaaaat. No, really, I promise. It’s totally easy.
And also totally delicious. Let’s get this thing started!
Get your leftover porky bits. Eat a few of the bits. Cut up into smaller pieces if you haven’t already shredded it.
Get some freshly made corn tortillas. There are so many places around town to get fresh corn tortillas! Do yourself a favor and get some of those!
Line up your pork and roll it together. Do a little dance in your kitchen because you know this is going to be good.
To make them stay rolled up, secure the soon-to-be-crispy-taquitos with toothpicks. I did two toothpicks at an angle. One toothpick didn’t seem to hold the ends securely enough.
Time to deep fry these suckers!
Alternatively you could bake these… but why on earth would you want to do that?! We’re not going for healthy here. We’re going for SUPER TASTY. It’s not like you’re gonna eat these every day for a week. Right? Right.
After a few minutes of gloriful frying, you get some lovely, golden brown, crispy crunchy deliciousness. I topped mine with shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese, a bit of sour cream and cilantro.
The smoked pork inside is remade again and something delightfully new for you to munch on. So, so good!
I hope that this is something you’ll try with your leftover bbq’d meats this summer! What do you like to do with leftover meats?
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...
- Jinxi: Ooh yay! I’m glad you tried it out and liked it D
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because) (2)
- mary: Haha, I didn’t even see that on the menu.. I didn’t know it could be Chilean either!