Let’s say you made a smoked pork butt. What on earth do you do with the leftovers? You could make pork sandwiches until you’re blue in the face, but what fun is that? You know what you should do? You should make taquitos. Homemade taquitos with smoked pork! Whaaaaat. No, really, I promise. It’s totally easy.
And also totally delicious. Let’s get this thing started!
Get your leftover porky bits. Eat a few of the bits. Cut up into smaller pieces if you haven’t already shredded it.
Get some freshly made corn tortillas. There are so many places around town to get fresh corn tortillas! Do yourself a favor and get some of those!
Line up your pork and roll it together. Do a little dance in your kitchen because you know this is going to be good.
To make them stay rolled up, secure the soon-to-be-crispy-taquitos with toothpicks. I did two toothpicks at an angle. One toothpick didn’t seem to hold the ends securely enough.
Time to deep fry these suckers!
Alternatively you could bake these… but why on earth would you want to do that?! We’re not going for healthy here. We’re going for SUPER TASTY. It’s not like you’re gonna eat these every day for a week. Right? Right.
After a few minutes of gloriful frying, you get some lovely, golden brown, crispy crunchy deliciousness. I topped mine with shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese, a bit of sour cream and cilantro.
The smoked pork inside is remade again and something delightfully new for you to munch on. So, so good!
I hope that this is something you’ll try with your leftover bbq’d meats this summer! What do you like to do with leftover meats?
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)