Let’s say you made a smoked pork butt. What on earth do you do with the leftovers? You could make pork sandwiches until you’re blue in the face, but what fun is that? You know what you should do? You should make taquitos. Homemade taquitos with smoked pork! Whaaaaat. No, really, I promise. It’s totally easy.
And also totally delicious. Let’s get this thing started!
Get your leftover porky bits. Eat a few of the bits. Cut up into smaller pieces if you haven’t already shredded it.
Get some freshly made corn tortillas. There are so many places around town to get fresh corn tortillas! Do yourself a favor and get some of those!
Line up your pork and roll it together. Do a little dance in your kitchen because you know this is going to be good.
To make them stay rolled up, secure the soon-to-be-crispy-taquitos with toothpicks. I did two toothpicks at an angle. One toothpick didn’t seem to hold the ends securely enough.
Time to deep fry these suckers!
Alternatively you could bake these… but why on earth would you want to do that?! We’re not going for healthy here. We’re going for SUPER TASTY. It’s not like you’re gonna eat these every day for a week. Right? Right.
After a few minutes of gloriful frying, you get some lovely, golden brown, crispy crunchy deliciousness. I topped mine with shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese, a bit of sour cream and cilantro.
The smoked pork inside is remade again and something delightfully new for you to munch on. So, so good!
I hope that this is something you’ll try with your leftover bbq’d meats this summer! What do you like to do with leftover meats?
- triple lobsters at fishtales in hatfield, ma
- rubio’s california bowl / utc
- wienerschnitzel hot dogs
- lemon ginger ice box cake for alex’s lemonade stand & melissa’s produce challenge
- wings and fish / encanto
- danny’s donuts / vista
- peppertree frosty / vista
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego
- bruxie / college area – san diego, ca
- flayvors of cook farm / hadley, ma
- triple lobsters at fishtales in hatfield, ma (5)
- rubio’s california bowl / utc (2)
- Lynn: Rubios is one of the few chain restaurants that I go to. Not only do you get free food...
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego (14)
- Lynn: I tried Berkeley Pizza during comicon weekend. The pesto is one of the more popular flavors...
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats