taco tuesday at ballast point / scripps ranch – san diego, ca

Hi Mary! I visited Ballast Point a few weeks ago but on a weekend, so I didn’t get to try the tacos. I really enjoyed the beers there, though. I thought the habanero IPA was really interesting hehe.

2. poop says:

i dont get why that is considered a “banh mi” style taco. if it only has two of the main components of a certain dish, it really isnt “that style”. if something is going to be a banh mi style anything its gotta have jalapeno, cilantro, daikon, carrots, and at least some sort of pate. ive never personally had a banh mi with hoisin and mint in it…

Hi! It had carrots, too! So… three things? I think it’s more of a nod to, in the style of, akin to, trying to remind you of a banh mi more than anything else. Maybe “Banh Mi Inspired” seemed to be too long of a name? Thanks for your comments anyway – always happy to hear what others think!

3. These look great! I like how they’re getting creative with their taco ideas but nothing seems so wacky that it wouldn’t work…

Hi J.S. – Yes! That’s true. I’ve seen photos from other Taco Tuesdays they’ve done and it seems they change things up sometimes, trying new things with different beers. I love the creativity of the tacos!

4. that’s cool what they’re doing – it’s a perfect mix. i probably would like that dark beer (porter or stouts) from your sampler. the briskets (made with the porter) sounds so good to me!

Yes, you’d probably like it then! I dislike the dark beers myself, but I thought it tasted pretty good with the brisket! Some of the beers there I want to try just because I think the name is cool, haha.

Where is it exactly in Scripps? Is it the old Scripps – are the located close to anything that’s kinda well known (supermarket, furniture store, etc etc)

The tacos looked yummy and i love the cute flights of beer !

Hi Faye! You’d take Carroll Canyon to get there and go right, then it’s an immediate right and all the way down to the end. You can see it from there – it’s in the middle of the business park area! Business peeps need to get their drink on!