happy national donut day!

1. Lauren says:

Awesome post! I feel inspired to try the Mary’s donuts sometime!!

EPIC post!! Nice job! I don’t think I’d enjoy the Donut Bar all that much either – they hype always kills it for me – and I would be so grumpy waking up that early AND have to stand in line AND find street parking. But that smores donut looked so pretty.

Thanks for the tip on where to get free donuts! I still think Krispy has the best glazed (but only when you get one hot outta the fryer!)

Yeah I think for all of the effort I put into getting the Donut Bar donuts AND the price I paid made me feel kind of sour about the whole experience. The smores donut did look pretty but it was so weirdly bitter! Oh well. Hope you get to score a free donut today πŸ™‚ Since Krispy Kreme doesn’t do the free samples anymore, today’s probably the only day you can get a free one now!

• Faye says:

Hahaha – only TRUE Krispy fans remember the good ol’ days when they handed out free samps to customers !! Ohhhh, the memories…

Mm donuts! I have guests staying over at my place this weekend and they bought home donuts this morning!! Nicest friends ever πŸ˜€ Thanks for the tip about Krispy Kreme, too – unfortunately I don’t think I can make it out to donut bar, but I’m also a bit skeptical since everyone has been saying that it’s not too worth the hype. Maybe I’ll try it in a few months, when I won’t have to stand in line for an hour just to see the flavors I wanted to try were sold out.

Yeah… Donut Bar. Yeah, I think you can skip it for now. Some of the items are good, but it just seemed so hyped up to me I didn’t really feel it was worth it in the end! Oh well. I’ll stick with regular mom n pop shops πŸ™‚

4. Excellent post Mary! And yay, you finally posted on Mary’s!

About Randy’s, I like that they have a drive thru. It also made an appearance in Iron Man! Hell yeah! Their giant donut is so iconic. We used a picture of us in front of it as one of our Xmas photos that year!!!! Ha ha!

Once TC gets home, we are going to get our free donut at Krispy Kreme in Eastlake.

And finalllly, someone else agrees that the donut bar is overhyped! Give me an $%#@’ng break. Gourmet. Schmormet. I would rather have Mary’s Donuts or Star Dust. I hate waiting in line just for donuts. San Diego is so far behind with the “artisanal” (that word makes me gag) donut shops. I do appreciate what they do, but my tastes are a bit more plebeian.

I must have that red velvet donut from Donut Touch and that blueberry from Marys! I don’t know how I missed that the last time I was there! And their crullers…..ohhhhhh…..

That’s awesome about the xmas photos!

Yeah.. Donut Bar was a let down. But at least I tried it and got to see for myself what it was like.

The blueberry from Mary’s was really good… they also have one with blueberry frosting that almost looked like blueberry yogurt… want to try that next time! I hope they have crullers the next time I go!

5. Cathy says:

Re: Mary’s and crullers: Saturday, by 9 p.m. (sometimes still warm crullers are there at 8 p.m.)
    shhh