red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca

1. “I claimed it as my own”! haha! Yeah! I liked that you got the unglazed one too to “compare”!

NIce and unexpected stop there! I haven’t seen a red velvet donut yet in SD. If anything, maybe the donut bar downtown makes one?

2. Tiffany @ stuffedwitfluff says:

I’ve seen it listed on the Donut Bar menu.

I’ve also seen both glazed and regular red velvet donuts at Donut Touch in Scripps Ranch, although I haven’t been there in ages. It’s worth checking out!

Oo, thanks Tiffany! Donut Touch is close by so I can definitely try that out. Donut Bar will have to be saved for a special day when I actually feel like going Downtown haha.

3. Kathy says:

Donut Touch on Scripps Poway Parkway and Scripps Summit Drive (attached to the Arco AM/PM and the Carwash) does a red velvet donut. I think you have to get it early though.

4. Kathy says:

Woops! Didn’t see the previous post regarding Donut Touch.

5. Carol says:

Hi Mary! I stopped by Mary’s Donuts yesterday for a Christmas donut run and they had red velvet donuts with cream cheese frosting. It was fantastic. I wish I had bought more than 2 because I really want one right now. Haven’t tried Donut Touch in Scripps but that one is definitely closer so I’ll have to make an effort.

Oh nice! I haven’t tried them from Mary’s yet but now that I know they make them sometimes I’ll have to try and get in there for those. Yummy! You have to go early in the day for Donut Touch’s, they usually close by early afternoon.