I kind of slacked on doing photos for everything this season. But here’s a little Holiday Baking recap!
It isn’t the holidays without just a few sticks of butter, right?
I wasn’t going to make these Lemon Ricotta cookies this year but after a few hints from people I figured I had to bring this one back again.
Laura came by to help me with my baking, too! I made a thick lemon icing for the cookies and Laura helped out by icing all of the cookies for me. Yay for great friends!
In addition to the Lemon Ricotta Cookies, I also made Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies and these Chocolate Chip Peanut Meltaways were my one new item this year. These cookies kind of taste like a mix of peanut butter and chocolate all together in one sugary bunch!
I also made my own candied ginger this year – a whole pound of it! The ginger is super cheap if you buy it from the Asian market and the only other thing you need is sugar and water. The byproducts are ginger sugar and ginger syrup – all things I used in my baking this year. I also made little baggies of candied ginger and gave those away as gifts as well since I didn’t have a need for a whole pound of candied ginger to myself.
I also made two batches of breads – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread and this Lemon Ginger bread (which has bits of the candied ginger in it from above). I ended up making extra lemon things this year since our lemon tree is bursting with citrus.
All of that saltine candy that Stacey and I made were put into little baggies and all given away as well.
Phew! I’m glad the holiday baking portion is over now – what did you bake this year?
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...
- Faye: That mushroom salt is a killer idea! I love it. I’ve seen their dried mushroom section in the Del Mar location but it was soooo expensive. I...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...