Last fall I had the great honor of being invited to visit Sam the Cooking Guy’s Livecast. I sat in his living room (!) and watched as he cooked and talked with a couple of guests (oh, he also talked to me for some reason). Sam’s so fun to watch – both on his Livecast and on his local cooking show. He’s got such an interesting way of doing things – his show is nothing like the ones you see on Food Network! Sam is down to earth, zany, and totally fun.
If you love Sam as much as I do, then you’re going to dig this! Sam does cooking classes around town but he also does little fun events. Next Saturday (February 18th), Sam will be live onstage at the Joan B. Kroc Theatre. It’ll be a mixture of a cooking show and an interactive Q&A session with Sam.
Here’s the “official” blurb:
This fun night mixes the best parts of a live cooking show with video clips, behind the scene stories, a Q&A and a book signing. And for the career uninspired, Sam will share his hilarious, yet motivating story of how he went from being a frustrated biotech executive to cooking on TV. If you ever wondered if Sam is as quirky off camera as he is on, this is your night to find out. Starting off the evening will be Australian flair bartender Hayden Wood who has been featured on Oprah, opened for Guy Fieri on his US Tour- and been called the most entertaining bartender in the world. Join Sam for this entertaining night, and a portion of the proceeds will go to support Salvation Army/Kroc Center scholarship programs – it allows kids to do what they do best, just be kids.
I’ve been offered a pair of tickets to giveaway (tickets are $60 each!) here on the blog for one lucky winner to go and see Sam next week!
Entering is pretty easy, all you have to do is leave a comment with your favorite “go-to” easy recipe (that you like to make – or to just eat).
Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on Sunday, February 12th at 11:59PM PST. Good luck!
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (3)
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...