I was recently invited to try out Stacked’s new pre-ordering system. I took it for a spin to try it out.
The last time Jake, T and I went, we took forever with the ordering system. It is pretty cool to use an iPad to order, but when you have a few people with you it can take awhile to get the orders in and going. By using the pre-ordering system, all we had to do was punch in a confirmation code and wait for the food to start rolling in.
Jake, T and I ordered on my laptop at home earlier in the day before we went to run our errands and then came into the restaurant. It was actually pretty nice to just sit down and not have to sit around and figure out what you want to eat while you’re sitting there and waiting for everyone to decide. This definitely speeded up the process and made it a quicker experience.
[Wing It! - Grilled, medium spicy chicken wings with a hint of sweet chili glaze. Served with carrots and ranch dressing.]
We decided to order a few “new to us” items that they had recently added to their menu. One of those items were these new grilled chicken wings. They use fresh chicken wings which are marinated in a sauce, baked, and then cooked on the grill. They’ve got a little hint of spice, but I think they’d be okay for anyway who is usually adverse to spicy foods (it’s not really heat-hot, just a little extra flavor). We enjoyed the wings – the fact that they’re fresh really helps and the flavor on them gave them a nice little extra kick. Jake and T liked them more than I did. Not that I didn’t like them, but we just had a lot of food going on in front of us and I couldn’t muster to eat more than 1.
Jake got this crazy double blackened chicken breast sandwich on our very favorite pretzel bun. He really enjoyed this sandwich – he thought the chicken breast was cooked perfectly – it was juicy and not overdone and the blackened spices on the chicken breast gave the meat a very good flavor. I was honestly kind of jealous I didn’t get a chicken sandwich, too.
I got the Turkey Burger with a mess of side sauces and some fixings. I liked how the turkey burger was completely covered and melted with cheese. And I will always order the pretzel bun here! I love how they grill the buns and the texture on those buns is just simply outstanding. But, all in all, this was just a turkey burger. It was okay. Apparently I need to order whatever Jake orders, since I always want his food (minus those pesky pickles).
And this is T’s burger. I don’t even remember what it was. I think there’s a fried egg on it and some bacon? Obviously onion strings. I do remember that he gobbled up every little bit. Must have been good, eh?
We really liked Stacked. A lot. Their pretzel buns are the best buns ever. Pre-ordering is pretty cool, too, especially if you don’t want to sit around and wait for everyone to play on the iPad, making you wait longer to eat!
This meal was complimentary and provided to us by the restaurant. I was not compensated for the review and all opinions are my own. Thank you to Caruso Communications for providing me with this opportunity to try their pre-ordering!
(inside Fashion Valley)
7007 Friars Road
San Diego, CA 92108
about this site
- taegukgi korean bbq / kearny mesa – san diego, ca
- summer cooking
- carnitas uruapan / la mesa – san diego, ca
- coast of pacific beach restaurant walk 2013 – san diego, ca
- hash brown burritos at cotijas / tierrasanta – san diego, ca
- happy national donut day!
- [recipe] root beer float cookies
- britts bbq / el segundo, ca
- d bar winner!
- baking mat winner!
- taegukgi korean bbq / kearny mesa – san diego, ca (10)
- mary: Hi CC – Oh, another place I have never heard of! So many things to try! Yeah, I don’t think you’d like the steamed egg dish either....
- mary: Hi Jinxi – I see/hear Manna mentioned by other folks on Yelp or what not. I think I saw something about DoReMi house having beef bulgogi served...
- mary: Mmm, soft serve
- Faye: Yeah all the AYCE have that ‘fine print’ of what happens when you don’t finish. But Jeong has ALWAYS been super cool about it –...
- caninecologne: I haven’t tried an AYCE Korean bbq place yet, but for a “regular” non AYCE meal, we like going to Buga. It’s right off...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary, I haven’t been to Jeong Won (although I’ve been meaning to go!) but Manna is my favorite for all-you-can-eat. Friend’s...
- mary: Hi Leanne – Oh, two recommendations for Jeong Won! Yes, that sounds like it would be a better fit for me to be able just grab a little of this...