For some reason, I was kind of digging on pistachios.
It sounded like a really good idea to make some pistachio cookies for Christmas this year. Originally I was going to do a lemon-pistachio hybrid of a cookie. Or just sprinkle pistachios on top of the usual lemon shortbread I do. But after a little web searching, I found a recipe for some simple looking pistachio cookies.
They have only three ingredients! That’s it! I figured this would be a good fit to go along with the rest of my more work-intensive cookies this year.
You barely need a recipe for this. It’s a bunch of ground up pistachios, egg whites beaten to stiff peaks, and some sugar. They’re like of like coconut macaroons, but replace the coconut with pistachios.
They’re light, chewy, with a hint of green color. If you put them in a bag and then open the bag, then all you can smell is roasted pistachios. There is a very light crisp to the outer edge, but it’s a pretty chewy cookie and sticks a bit to the pan. I used those silpat mats though so I don’t have to worry about that kind of thing, but you have been warned.
Here’s the pistachio cookie recipe I used from a blog called Off the Broiler. It’s pretty simple and I didn’t really change anything, so you might as well check it out.
The pistachio lovers in your life will thank you for these cookies.
about this site
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (11)
- mary: Thanks, CC! OMG, my blog is growing up too fast!
- mary: Thank you, Kirbie!
- mary: Sadly I haven’t since I have not been to Portland (yet). Someday!
- Hannah v: Mmmmm asparagus wrapped in bacon. Enough said…unless you mention bacon dipped in milk chocolate.
- caninecologne: Happy Blogaversary to you!!!! You blog is in 2nd grade now! As for bacon, i love baking it in the oven slathered with maple syrup and a...
- Lauren: Homemade potato salad with bacon in it….I have dreams about it.
- stacey: My family (Mom’s side) makes a non-creamy bacon coleslaw that I could downright eat myself sick on!