My holiday baking has begun and the menu’s changed a bit from what I originally intended to do since I kept seeing wonderful ideas on blogs all week! One item I saw recently were these Brownie Covered Oreos from Jenny at Picky Palate. They looked so simple and easy that I knew I had to try them out for myself!
I used a box of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix + a bag of regular Oreo’s (I got them at Target and Target didn’t have the fancy holiday Oreo’s). The only hard part was that my brownie mix had chocolate chips in it – which sometimes made the Oreos a little lopsided in the cupcake pan.
You can see the chocolate chips sticking up a little from the batter. My last batch of brownie-oreos had a ton of chocolate chips piled on top since as I dipped Oreos I kept forgetting to include the chocolate chips!
I sprayed my cupcake pans pretty well so I didn’t have a lot of trouble getting them out of the pan. I did have to let them set up and cool in the pan slightly before popping each one out with a knife – otherwise, the cookie-brownie hybrid tended to break in half.
I drizzled these with melted white chocolate and a tiny sprinkling of colored sugar. I gave a batch to my friend for her birthday last night as well – so these are good for all occasions!
I got these cute holiday bags at Michael’s for storing a few of the treats I’ll be making over the next few days. Mine don’t look exactly like Jenny’s and I forgot to include an “inside shot” so be sure to check out Picky Palate for more photos of this simple and easy recipe!
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- valentine’s recap
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- Darlene: That restaurant is near my house! It always seemed to be in a weird place but a tall office building. The first Country Waffles I went to was in the...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....