Archive for products
I’ll bet that you had no idea that there’s a pretzel factory in San Diego! I’ll further bet that you didn’t know it sat in National City, amongst a few houses, and that they provide pretzels for many places who distribute to tons of places across the country (like Disneyland! And Karl Strauss! And stadiums and stuff!). And it’s all made here in San Diego!
The only reason I found out about the San Diego Pretzel Company is because I was …
For the most part, I prefer to make my own popcorn. There’s just something about freshly popped, buttered and salted popcorn that gets me a bit excited. The salty buttery treat is one of my all-time favorites so I’m always happy to try popcorn related products. I was recently sent samples of G.H. Cretors bagged popcorn in caramel flavor, cheese flavor and Chicago Mix.
What is “Chicago Mix” you might be asking? It’s a mixture of both caramel and cheddar popcorn, …
A few weeks ago I got an email from Stef of Canarsie Cookies asking if she could send me some of her “brookies”. What the heck is a brookie?! It’s like a brownie and a cookie got drunk one night and had a love child that emerged and they named their baby a “brookie”. Ahh, sweet, sweet drunken love.
Stef sent me some brookies to try. It’s a fusion of peanut butter and chocolate that kind of turned into a …
Earlier in the summer, I received these beautiful Hawaiian Leis from Aloha Island Lei. They must have figured out my favorite colors or something because I’m sure this is something I would have picked out on my own!
The one and only time I’ve ever been in Hawaii was on my way to the Philippines when I was 11 years old. We were supposed to have just a hour over layover in Honolulu, which dragged out to be much longer (I …
Crackers! More specifically, these are Milton’s Crackers from the same folks who run Milton’s Deli in Del Mar. I’d already tried the savory crackers on my own so when I was offered the chance to try their new line of sweet crackers, I was pretty excited.
The new sweet line of crackers has five different flavors available for crunching and munching on. Let’s look at ‘em all, yes?
These are the Blueberry Multi-Grain crackers. You can see bits of the blueberry in …
Earlier this summer, I received a few of these Gustus Vitae Condiments on my doorstep to try:
I’ve used the “Taste of Cajun” blend a couple of times for things like steak rub, rib rubs and on top of pan fried pork chops. But… I didn’t take any photos of those adventures. I assure you it is a delicious blend of Cajun-like flavors without being hot. It’s flavor baby, not heat! You could make it all hot and steamy with some …
I’ve been on some kind of crazy beverage kick because I’ve got another tea for trying and reviewing!
Though this time, I had to actually make the tea myself. I received Organic Masala Chai loose leaf tea from Chai Diaries. Usually when I have Chai it’s from a bag, or a Chai latte. I recently discovered Ice Chai Lattes (which seems like a MAJOR DUH on my part) so I decided to use this tea to make my own!
Chai Diaries has …
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...
- Jinxi: Ooh yay! I’m glad you tried it out and liked it D
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because) (2)
- mary: Haha, I didn’t even see that on the menu.. I didn’t know it could be Chilean either!